The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

DSM in Modified Mag Dec. 2010

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gofer

Feb 18, 2006
South Gilbert, Arizona
I was just wondering who got their DSM featured in Modified next month? The owner is Nick Fox and his car is a MGP Spyder (AWD) with 603awhp and running 10's in the quarter. I'm sure there will be more info on it in the magazine itself but enjoy the sneak preview until it hits the newstands... :thumb:

Heres the link to the site but I posted the sneak preview of the article below. Modified Dec. 2010 Preview

From the outside there doesn’t seem to be anything special about this 2nd-gen Mitsubishi Eclipse Sypder but a peak underneath reveals an AWD drivetrain conversion (2G Sypders were all FWD) making it an ideal contender for drag racing which is what this car is primarily used for.
The engine bay looks almost too clean to be used and abused. However, this mighty 4G63 is constantly put to the test and turns out a staggering 603AWHP which has helped owner, Nick Fox make consistent 10-second ¼ mile passes at over 130mph.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

:dsm:

Thanks guys!!! I didn't want to say too much before the mag came out ( I was in disbelief that this was a reality and thinking it was to good to be true) BUT I just picked up the December issue of Modified tonight with the Spyder gracing its pages!

Not to get all weird on you fella's but honestly, without the help and support I received from DSMTuners over the years, all the things I've achieved in this past year may not have happen. Enjoy the article, Its a fun read!

Any spyder that was converted to AWD and puts down decent power deserves respect. thing looks awesome!!! cant wait to see the magazine.

I've been waiting for a DSM to show up in Modified. Looks sweet. Congrats dude.

Did you click off that 10.8 @ 133mph running those stocker 16's? ;)

:dsm:

Well, with the open diffs (coupled with my driving) the wheel spin wouldn't allow me any lower then a 11.3 ET. For my 1st time out with the Hoosier drag radials and the new 6 puck, I clicked off the 10 second pass. Since then I have improved slightly to a 10.85 @135.9 mph but I'm still getting a feel for launching the car with the DR's on...Kinda tricky. The car seems to fall off a bit past the 1/8th mile which is most likely from the FMIC being under par for the HP but with a better 60' ( I also recently welded the rear diff) and a nice FMIC, I hope to roll 10.5 or lower. Time will tell I guess.

Oh man, the color and awd is exactly how I want my spyder to be.

THAT is a fine example of what a Spyder should be. ;)

Nice car.. and congrats on the magazine coverage!

:hellyeah::hellyeah: Great build on tristatetuners.com. Congrats on the article as well, im definitely picking it up. :hellyeah::hellyeah:

Nick's been around for a long time now and from a local who sees the car he deserved this. He has put up with more DSM bullshit of his own and other friends and locals then I could ever handle.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back