The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

DSM in local news

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K Dan

20+ Year Contributor
Aug 6, 2002
none, Nebraska
We had a mild snow storm last night and theres a nice big pic of a 2g stuck in the snow on the front of the local section (Worcester T&G for anyone in the area)

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

sure ain't no GSX LOL

Originally posted by Talonryda17
last snow storm we had there was a shot of a 97-99 gsx abandoned on the side of the highway convered in a foot of snow

Sounds like the driver forgot how to drive once they saw the white stuff... A GSX of any year should never have a problem in the snow, although snowtires help :cool:

This little pic was on channel 5 news Bostons website a week ago.

Attachments

• 2685076_120x90.jpg
    2685076_120x90.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 450
im sorry but an AWD DSM in the snow isnt the godsend of all snow cars like some people make them out to be..are they better then alot of cars? yea
they also have more power then most cars which still makes it very easy to spin the tires in the snow, so traction still sucks awd or not

Originally posted by greathuskie
they also have more power then most cars which still makes it very easy to spin the tires in the snow, so traction still sucks awd or not

you do know the pedal doesn't have to be on the floor to accelerate right?

I think AWD DSM's are great in the snow. My laser with BALD rear tires went up my driveway with 3 inches of snow on it. I spun but I still made it and my driveway is way out in the woods and steep.

I had my first taste of awd in the snow the other day.

it was better than fwd or rwd, for sure.

It still slid around alot..

Is it just me, or do awd cars behave alot like rwd cars in the snow? I felt like i was in my Z again, drifting around corners with the back end sliding out :D

Originally posted by greathuskie
im sorry but an AWD DSM in the snow isnt the godsend of all snow cars like some people make them out to be..are they better then alot of cars? yea

so true,
just because you can get going doesn't mean you can steer or brake. I have a awd jeep(and talon awd) and it can do some amazing things but awd/4wd doesn't make you invincable. Thats why you see all these people stuck in snowbanks because they thought they were unstopable. You still need to use comon sence and cautionOMG ;) .

AWD or not..... doesn't make much of a difference in ice. I use to own a Wrangler with A/T tires and that thing would still slide in 4-Low.

Yup- I found some ice one night last year in some deep snow with the 2G, running Yoko AVS- horrible snow tires. I think ice is _the_ scariest thing I've found while driving. Well, that and the damned deer.

I'm not worried about the snow handling of my GS, I just drive calmly in the snow and it's fine. Even in that last huge storm I was okay. :cool:

The thing that worries me is what appears to be a growing media conspiracy against DSM's! :p

Originally posted by IHeartTurbo
you do know the pedal doesn't have to be on the floor to accelerate right?

shit are you serious, now i find out :rolleyes:

Originally posted by the anti-riced
shit are you serious, now i find out :rolleyes:
For someone who reported a "I'm being picked on" post, you sure made quite a great contribution to this thread.

Originally posted by LandoAWD
For someone who reported a "I'm being picked on" post, you sure made quite a great contribution to this thread.

im sorry lando but i dont have a clue what you are talking about
could you PM me details on what i reported, i cant remember ever using the report post thing, unless i clicked it accidently or something

please tell me what yout talking about :(

Originally posted by HokieDSM
Sounds like the driver forgot how to drive once they saw the white stuff... A GSX of any year should never have a problem in the snow, although snowtires help :cool:

my car has trouble going in straight lines even in the slightest rain... with my beater down at the moment... i hope to god it doesn't snow

Originally posted by HighPSI TSi Guy
my car has trouble going in straight lines even in the slightest rain... i hope to god it doesn't snow
That's strange. My AWDs feel like they're being hauled up the road on a rope. With big guide rails on the sides.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back