The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

DSM in DSM

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Had a random misfire code, so replaced the spark plugs with some NGK Rs, ceramic coated the wheels and the car which made a huge difference in the depth of the paint, and installed the carbon fiber wiper cowl from SCF. It fit almost perfect and only had to do a small amount of filing around one of the wiper stalk holes.

48098779121_04601c3fd2_k.jpg
Untitled
Now I want to learn how to do some custom carbon fiber stuff so the wiper arms don't stick out so much.. But we will see. I hope everyone is doing well!

I hope everyone has had a great summer! I haven't done much to the car other than drive it and enjoy it. My buddy shot a quick video of the car, it was a lot of fun to make and he got some cool angles! He was also the first person to drive the car besides myself since I bought it, it was strange being in the passenger seat!
Here's the link: check him out, he has cool videos!

Welp, RIP the Accord..
48935548497_2e3b051e7e_k.jpg

48934815203_2be05765a4_k.jpg

Bit of a long story, but essentially I was trying to dodge another accident and merged into a semi I didn't see in my blind spot. Very scary at highway speeds. Luckily a good friend of mine was selling his moms car since she recently moved and couldn't take it with her. It's a perfect beater with a heater!
48935360931_df3fd2aed0_k.jpg
48934814393_c352280e59_k.jpg

Special Carbon Fiber Inc. put some pictures of my car on their site for their products! If I would have known the pictures would be used on a company website I would have taken better pictures LOL!
https://special-carbonfiber.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=116_117&product_id=251
https://special-carbonfiber.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=116_117&product_id=77
I know I've said this before but I couldn't be happier with the products I've bought from them! If you guys want any carbon fiber goodies I would highly recommend SCF, and no they did not ask me to post this I just have been more than happy with their products. Most importantly, I received all of the items I purchased within a week of purchase since they were in stock and the quality is perfect.

Well, it’s been over a year since I’ve posted an update and that’s because there isn’t really much to say about the DSM. I haven’t really had any time to play with it sadly. My wife and I bought a house and that took up the majority of the beginning of 2020 and we added a few more cars to the fleet. I got a new daily driver to replace the Ford and added a new fun car.
The new daily is a 2020 Nissan Kicks SR, it’s a comfy little commuter and my old buddies at Nissan helped me spec one from the factory. That was a fun process but it took a while to come from Japan to Iowa.
The Miata is my dads old car, I’ll post the link below to my Miata forum post if anyone’s interested in that cars story.
https://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=730570
As for the DSM, I am hoping to work on it this weekend and take it on its first drive of 2021!

Attachments

• 8D2C3CD6-0659-4BFB-B82A-FCE4FDBF4642.jpeg
    8D2C3CD6-0659-4BFB-B82A-FCE4FDBF4642.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 32
  • D2A774D7-36AB-4E9D-9444-F70056FBEAD1.jpeg
    D2A774D7-36AB-4E9D-9444-F70056FBEAD1.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 32
  • D5F9855B-DC65-4B5B-9AC3-C33FC4D4A0E3.jpeg
    D5F9855B-DC65-4B5B-9AC3-C33FC4D4A0E3.jpeg
    79.5 KB · Views: 39
  • 57C016AD-16C0-4E37-99D3-204E4931F640.jpeg
    57C016AD-16C0-4E37-99D3-204E4931F640.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 37
  • F26AA5D4-FC7B-4F35-A442-596787906F3B.jpeg
    F26AA5D4-FC7B-4F35-A442-596787906F3B.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 34
Not a whole lot to add to this a quarter of a year later. Have probably only driven the car a handful of times but it has been a joy when I have been able to. I am still wanting to space the wheels out slightly, they’re not quite flush enough for me yet. I know if I do that though I’ll have to roll the fenders.. never done that before, but there’s a first for everything right?

My last post was August of last year?! Man time sure does fly.. I'll fill in the blanks since then. I accepted a new position in my company and now I have even less free time LOL Luckily, they have revised our hours so I am not working quite as much anymore. Because of that I have been spending a lot more time working on my hobbies. As far as the Eclipse, I have completed a handful of projects on it;
Replaced coolant sensor.
Replaced battery and refurbished the battery tray.
Switched plugs to newer NGKs - still doesn't like starting when it's sat for a while.
Developed a massive oil leak.. Found ALL of the valve cover bolts loose :ohdamn::ohdamn::ohdamn:.
Changed what was left of the oil.
Gave it a good cleaning inside and out.
Tuned the stereo a little more, finally got rid of some of the muddyness in the lows.
Replaced shifter bushings with Energy Suspension Poly bushings.
Installed these:
52044311505_840d2f68f0_k.jpg
Untitled by Austin Nutting, on Flickr
52044051174_e9676cf2b9_k.jpg
52044051159_77d2078376_k.jpg
Overall been loving the car. I have been driving it around town and to some meets.
52046438578_3cf294b60d_k.jpg
Still spending most of my time on my Miata right now. It is pretty much at the point where I can hop in and cruise whenever I want, which is exactly where I want it to be.
51960952572_cf218be595_k.jpg
52046642629_8d76d56a8d_k.jpg
I am really looking forward to (hopefully) putting some miles on both of these cars this summer. Hopefully everyone else is having a great spring season as well!

As of last week, the DSM has moved on to the next lucky driver. I have the very fortunate opportunity to move across the country for work AND am expecting my first child. Those huge life changes plus the fact that I hardly ever got to drive the car lead me to sell it. I didn't want to be "that guy" that never drove his cars; I would much rather it get to be used and enjoyed as its designers envisioned it to be. I am dearly going to miss the car, as it was my first real car to turn wrenches on, but both the time and the offer were right. I hope to one day be back in a DSM, but until then I thank you all for your time and help. I'm sure I'll keep lurking on here as I always have. After all, once you have the DSM bug you can't really shake it.. Until next time guys!

As of last week, the DSM has moved on to the next lucky driver. I have the very fortunate opportunity to move across the country for work AND am expecting my first child. Those huge life changes plus the fact that I hardly ever got to drive the car lead me to sell it. I didn't want to be "that guy" that never drove his cars; I would much rather it get to be used and enjoyed as its designers envisioned it to be. I am dearly going to miss the car, as it was my first real car to turn wrenches on, but both the time and the offer were right. I hope to one day be back in a DSM, but until then I thank you all for your time and help. I'm sure I'll keep lurking on here as I always have. After all, once you have the DSM bug you can't really shake it.. Until next time guys!
Damn, I wish I could have been that new owner. That car looked great, was solid and that was always my favorite color too. Good luck with the new endeavors!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back