The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Dsm in 20 years

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eclipsyco

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 19, 2011
Somewhere in, Central_America
So there's been more than 20 years since the very first dsm came out from the factory. Have you ever wondered 20 years from now what's going to be.
Or maybe the question is what will the future for these cars be, the market and the fans? I know is hard to say but what do you think?

So there's been more than 20 years since the very first dsm came out from the factory. Have you ever wondered 20 years from now what's going to be.
Or maybe the question is what will the future for these cars be, the market and the fans? I know is hard to say but what do you think?

20 years from now someone will find this thread by accident while trying to figure out how to replace the spark plugs on his grandfathers EVO 7 via google(50th page of results), when they do, they will have uncovered the lost civilization and culture of the DSM people, at which the boy will read about the important of basic maintenance, tips and tricks on installing parts, how to select the proper turbo for the power he is planning to make, and basic to moderate tuning techniques. The kid will be smarter, wiser, and more knowledgeable than all of his other friends and classmates. He will have become... the E(vo)SM'er

Or...

Everyone will have electric cars and the dsm community will have been totally forgotten and lost.

20 years from now someone will find this thread by accident while trying to figure out how to replace the spark plugs on his grandfathers EVO 7 via google(50th page of results), when they do, they will have uncovered the lost civilization and culture of the DSM people, at which the boy will read about the important of basic maintenance, tips and tricks on installing parts, how to select the proper turbo for the power he is planning to make, and basic to moderate tuning techniques. The kid will be smarter, wiser, and more knowledgeable than all of his other friends and classmates. He will have become... the E(vo)SM'er

Or...

Everyone will have electric cars and the dsm community will have been totally forgotten and lost.

20 years from now the only DSMs still around will be super nice museum pieces. The shitbox DSMs are on their last legs. They will all be gone soon enough.

Chill Daniel why so much hate? If they are shitboxes why they are still holding strong with plenty aftermarket parts and people that support the cause.
I actually plan on keeping my dsm even if I end up no driving it any more because this car was my dream car when I was younger and I worked my ass off to buy it. I payed 7k bone stock with less than 100k miles.

20 years from now hopefully I still have my DSM, it's going to stay with me unless i really need the money to sell it. As far as electric cars go, I'm afraid they will be the "future". IMO I don't care if its a 3 cylinder 1.0 engine or a big 8.0 V8, If it pulls me back and I get the adrenaline rush I love the car. But I can't see myself loving "fast" electric cars, seems like their power will be "fake":p

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back