The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

DSM Graveyard Head Swap then No Start

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildfire77

Probationary Member
Jun 30, 2006
Silver Lake, Wisconsin
The car was having emissions problems. (p0300 random cylinder misfire.) Did tune up. replaced ignition coils. replaced EGR. replaced fuel filter. ran 3 cans of seafoam through the car (some through a vacuum line and like 2 through the gas over 2 tanks of gas.) Mech. looked at it... has good compression (180psi on my home gauge. 210 on the mechs.) he said the valve guides were bad and needed replacement. So instead of him doing that we got a performance cylinder head built by DSM Graveyard. It has regrind 272 cams in it. what is odd is the exhaust cam doesn't appear to be from a 2.0L 420a... After some research it seems to be from another 420a style engine... to get it to time correctly we had to rotate the exhaust cam 90 degrees clockwise (21.5 valleys on the gear to be precise).

Car cranks and misfires. Reeks of gas when trying to get it to start. I'm out of ideas and about ready to install stock cams in it to see if the new head will run with those.

Any ideas guys?

Few months my ####ing ass.
I had my own horrid DSM Graveyard experience back in 2010.
I won't even bother going into it, everyone knows the place is a ####ing joke.

I was contemplating ordering a few things from them a few weeks ago.

For now
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I have a receipt from a four digit headache Jon and his clowns gave me in late 2009

Mechanical parts or not, do not support these guys. They'll probably send you the wrong thing anyways.

There needs to be a sticky about graveyard. Seriously guys. Noobs come in and dont search and end up getting nailed. I mean, we were all noobs at one point and could very well have got scammed. Jon, I think you are dishonest and should be ashamed.

We need a vendor WARNING page or section. With these guys in the number 1 spot. ASAP. Time to put them out of business or put enough of a dent in there wallet so they know you cant do this to people over and over. My god man........SMH

There was a few parts I was looking at and somehow came across the site. After reading the complaints by browsing the forum I doubt I will buy anything mechanical from them.

Look at Jayz racing or MAP or rtm or Extreme psi if you want to get the correct good quality parts.

Also don't confuse this company with Mitsubishi Graveyard. They are different companies and from research Mitsu graveyard seems a legit/good place to shop. I think there is a site called Mitsubishi warehouse that sells alot of oem parts.

Is this the one thread that we can bash the hell out of a company that is literally so shady that every DSM guy who knows about them bashes them, But yet they still have the audacity to come around?
Not technically. I knew damn well that I broke the rules posting what I did, and will deal with any repercussions that may occur. :coy:

This thread is pure awesome. I love to see crappy companies get the reviews they really deserve.

^5

Few months my ####ing ass.
I had my own horrid DSM Graveyard experience back in 2010.
I won't even bother going into it, everyone knows the place is a ####ing joke.

I have a receipt from a four digit headache Jon and his clowns gave me in late 2009

Mechanical parts or not, do not support these guys. They'll probably send you the wrong thing anyways.

I hate to even think I helped fund these retards when they first started out in 2007ish. What a freaking headache and waste of money, I should have a fully built block for what I paid. I'd be embarrassed selling my car showing a receipt from dsmgraveyard for the short block...blaahh.

+1. Im not gonna bash a company ive never had dealings with, but i am about tired of shitty customer service, whether it be mcdonalds or the place you get your parts from.

I got a gates timing belt and tensioner from them took 8 days to ship and 14 to actually recieve rediculous

People are still ordering stuff from them?? Seriously, I don't get why people don't read their reviews.

I had a huge issue with them back in 2010. So fortunate I was able to take my money and run.

I tried to order one N/A 4g63 piston/rod combo and some timing parts from them about 2 years ago. Never got the parts after waiting for 3 months and it took forever for them to refund me.

to hell with you guys. That is the kind of crap where you see the order, you see the money recieved receipt, you grab the stuff off the shelf, varify part numbers, put in box, put on address, verify everything, and then ship out. That was one hour of work.

to hell with you.

I would feel more comfortable recommending an eBay turbo to people instead of recommending anything from Dsm graveyard, at least eBay you actually have a chance to have it work out.

Whoa!! Hold the phone. Don't go recommending Chinese knockoff turbos (even to prove a point). ROFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back