The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

DSM friendly machine shop

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

troubleshoot

Probationary Member
Jul 17, 2013
Chocagoland, Illinois
Just wondering if anyone knows of a good machine shop that is familiar with DSM's in the chicago area. Preferably on the south side/south subs.

Looking to build a 2.4lr soon. I have a new block. Probably rotating assembly balanced, freshin up the 2g head on my car now, ect. The usual. No crazy port work or anything. Will probably use a MLS HG so head and block and head will need to be surfaced for that. I'll probably assemble the bottom end myself.

I would contact Devo Tuning in Barrington. They should be able to direct you to a great DSM machine shop. They did my head over the winter, and damn, it seems like they know there stuff.

Looking to build a 2.4lr soon. I have a new block. Probably rotating assembly balanced, freshin up the 2g head on my car now, ect. The usual. No crazy port work or anything. Will probably use a MLS HG so head and block and head will need to be surfaced for that. I'll probably assemble the bottom end myself.
Yeah contact Devo. They do quality work and use top machine shops. I recommend Class One Inc. they know their stuff.

Thanks guys. Devo recommended Opel Engineering in Streamwood but ill check out the other place too.

How far are you willing to drive? PURE Tuning in Toledo, OH does amazing work. Keith and Aaron are very knowledgeable with DSMs, EVOs, STIs, ect. They are a racing performance shop. I believe it's around 3 hours from Chicago.

3 hours isnt bad. Im still weighing my options. Im trying to sell a townhouse in the south suburbs out here. Can't build the motor until I do, so I have some time to decide. Anyone looking for a completely remodeled townhouse in south suburban Chicago LOL.... $18,000.

I had class one inc do my 2.4 liter block and assemble my cylinder head. They know their stuff. I would recommend them. 2-3 hours from you. 5 min from me :D

I had Class One do my motor also. Terry is the one who helped me research and come up with my setup. Its different though. I'm willing to do things most aren't. Like drive to Freeport 3 times a week LOL or ship my motor etc. But if you want the best and are doing a major or high end build I do recommend Class One first. Opel still knows their stuff and can do a great build with no issues so they come second.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back