The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

DSM/EVO Shootout 2010

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Were you the guy that ran like 18.75 seconds or something?

18.7's all day, what what

Haha The whole weekend was crazy. I will definitely be going back next year. Maybe my car will be done by then:ohdamn:

Anyone else get caught in that wicked rain sunday night?

LOL, yes. That was full out too. 92hp 1.8L w/heavy 18in rims = high 18's. Ive been to SO 4 years in a row though and have never been on the track yet so I didnt care anymore. 18.7 was my fastest pass actually, i was dialed in at 18.95 and my first round I ran 18.958. All my TT passes in the morning i ran 19.01 back to back so i dialed in at 18.95. 2 years ago up here at Lapeer dragstrip with 3G 16" wheels it ran 18.0's.

hahah dude! When i first saw that on the screen im like, "Is that a misprint or is this guy really going to run high 18's" Then i saw you launch and head down the track like a "bat out of hell", well more like a DSM running on 2 cylinders. Whatever works, works LOL.

haha right, I could turbo it so I could get into the 16's. Or I could light it on fire but then I wouldnt have a car to drive anymore. It was a sad moment to see that Geo Prism staging for test and tune because I knew I would have to watch a Geo go 2 seconds faster than my car. What ever ive got almost 70k miles out of it so far so....

I lost to Fotowntalon in round two of B2, I picked up 2 tenths in the 1/4 and broke out but my 60', and 1/8th stayed the same. Figure that one out. I had the slowest car there by almost two seconds. My first B2 round I ran .008 off of my dial with .375 RT and my friends that were there with me heard some guy in the stands talking smack saying I had an automatic or something. I think he must have been there with the evo that I eliminated. Fun weekend, will definitely run B2 again next year if Im still stuck with the 1.8.

Sorry, i was trying to brake out that whole day:p. I lost the next round and i was only .009 off my dial in, but was to focused on the launch so had a bad r/t. It was hard to not laugh when you erased the window marker on your car to put something like "evo killer" or "evo eliminator"

What an awesome weekend that was. It was great to meet so many people this year and finally put a face and a handshake to a familiar name. Craig (calan), Dave Landry, Justin (Jusmx141), Christy, Dave (talondave), Eric (MrBoxx), Lofty, Tom Dorris, Paul (gamble), Mike (bender), Omar, EZ, and a dozen more that I know I'm forgetting right now. It was a pleasure to meet and hang out with all of you. I just wish I would have made it over to the BW on Saturday much sooner than I did.

Same here... So many stories and good times. And I remember them! :D

LOL, yes. That was full out too. 92hp 1.8L w/heavy 18in rims = high 18's. Ive been to SO 4 years in a row though and have never been on the track yet so I didnt care anymore. 18.7 was my fastest pass actually, i was dialed in at 18.95 and my first round I ran 18.958. All my TT passes in the morning i ran 19.01 back to back so i dialed in at 18.95. 2 years ago up here at Lapeer dragstrip with 3G 16" wheels it ran 18.0's.

Speed (err lack of it :p) aside, that was cool as hell to watch you run within .05 of your dial-in...especially the .008 18.958 pass. :thumb:

Can't wait for next year! :hellyeah:

it was "1.8L Evo Beater" after the first round. I was changing my caption all through the day though. Saturday it said "TDI Swap" but no one would believe it, TDI's dont knock that loud.

fotowntalon ran a 14.999 on a 14.990 dial. He r/t'd 1.057 when I raced him though, I bet if he had more time to work on that RT he could have made it close to the finals. I was dialed too close to my TT times, I didnt think it would go any faster than it already had. I didnt have a chance, I was thinking of changing my dial to 18.90 but I still would have got eliminated when I did. I think its funny that people thought it was an automatic, its not that was just luck.

Great Shootout this year! Met a few new faces, also missed a few faces... Hot as heck both days.

Decided to run bracket 1 this year and red lit in the first round. (no excuses) Actually got some traction out of the hole on that pass after switching to drag radials and decided to go all out... Broke my shift fork on a no lift. Drove the car home stuck in 4th gear.

See everyone next year!

...holy junk i have the WORST sunburn/farmers tan from Sunday, im even burnt under the hair on my head, WTF! i think ALOT of us are burnt, and should have a 'best burnt" contest. LOL. i was SOOOO happy to discover the shade on the Summit side stands during the racing!

...holy junk i have the WORST sunburn/farmers tan from Sunday, im even burnt under the hair on my head, WTF! i think ALOT of us are burnt, and should have a 'best burnt" contest. LOL. i was SOOOO happy to discover the shade on the Summit side stands during the racing!

I have a temporarily permanent wife beater....

fotowntalon ran a 14.999 on a 14.990 dial. He r/t'd 1.057 when I raced him though, I bet if he had more time to work on that RT he could have made it close to the finals.

I was so busy worrying about my launch my R/ts where terrible. I was one race away from the finals... the guy that knocked me out had 2 byes, the other guy had a bye right before the finals, i am a little jealous.

It sucks I didn't make it to the All American Inn, by the time i herd where you guys where I was buzzin nicely. Met a ton of great guys, track was amazing (except for the near heat strokes of sitting in a microwave in 100degree weather). Finally broke the barrier of 15s!!!!

I left shortly after your 15.1 run on MB's slicks. It was getting far too hot for the Mrs.

'10 Shootout was the best shootout for me so far, and that was my 5th year.
Good times, great people, fast cars, tall drinks, indoor water parks and lots of smokin hot females. What else can you ask for for a sunday afternoon in northern Ohio?

My crew drove up and arrived mid day Friday. We left from Hartford and met up with WMDSM members. Paul, Adam, Matt and Myself shared one of the campgrounds mini-houses. Other than the half functioning AC and the fear that the house might actually fall over, it was pretty nice.

Saturday after a long hot tiring day at Buschur's Matt, Adam and myself decided to go the Kalahari indoor water park. Its actually America's largest indoor water park. It was $42 per person to get in. We rode on the lazy river for about 2 hours haha. We also rode most of the park's slides. Man they were all a blast! Not to mention all the ladies out there haha. Later in the day at the park, we finally found our way over my favorite place in the park. The swim up bar! We all ordered one of there big ass margarita's for $21.75 each! Refills were $12. After one we were all quite tipsy... so we went and relaxed and drank them in the hot tubs. After the drinks wore off we went back to the campsite, and after a while we went out cruising in the car's. We hit up best western, and while Paul was giving a ride to a chick his car overheated and blew all the coolant out. I think someone half opened the radiator cap when it was at buschurs earlier. After refilling it and cleaning off the coolant all was well again.

That's when we saw the silver evo run from the cops. After a while we went home, party'd for a bit then went in and called it a night.

Sunday we got up early and headed off to the track. After a long day we headed back to the Norwalk Marathon and loaded up our cars on a nice incline that makes for easy trailer loading of the whips. We got on the road about 5:45 and pulled into the house at 9:05. Made pretty good time.

Overall just had a great weekend and can't wait till next year!

'10 Shootout was the best shootout for me so far, and that was my 5th year.
Good times, great people, fast cars, tall drinks, indoor water parks and lots of smokin hot females. What else can you ask for for a sunday afternoon in northern Ohio?

QFT.

[...] and while Paul was giving a ride to a chick his car overheated and blew all the coolant out. I think someone half opened the radiator cap when it was at buschurs earlier. After refilling it and cleaning off the coolant all was well again.

That's when we saw the silver evo run from the cops. After a while we went home, party'd for a bit then went in and called it a night.

I saw Paul's car on the side of 250 between Sandusky and Norwalk with a cop behind him. I would have thought he was pulled over had his hood and hatch not been up.

Overall just had a great weekend and can't wait till next year!

^^^

I will deff be booking the econo next year, got old walking from the american in.

99gst_racer, Did you bring out your new TT setup. How did you do.

I seen it at bushers and the track but didnt see it race.

I had a grate time and still on my way home:hellyeah:

Ill upload some pics and videos from the econo foot races later this week.

Last edited:
I have to say, even though I couldn't bring my car, this was the best Shootout I've attended to date, and it's all thanks to the people I got to meet this year. Lofty (and your cuddle-buddy Keith), Justin, Christi, Anthony, Eric, (talon)Dave, Craig, Paul, Dan, Dave, Matt (Peepers) and everyone else, it was and honor and a pleasure to meet you all and spend time with you. For those of you that were there and I didn't get a chance to shake your hand, we'll have to make it happen next year.

I think this year's turnout was bigger than any other year's, and it really showed in Wakeman, as well as in the parking lot of the track. There were some clean cars that ran incredible times and the competition gets better every year. To all of you who raced, thank you for showing us what these cars are capable of.

As for the storm, I left the track a bit early due to working early this morning, but about half an hour after I got on 80/90, I hit the most intense hail/rain storm I've ever driven through. People ahead of me pulled over underneath overpasses, or simply put their hazard lights on and drove 20mph. Visibility through the rain was about 20 feet, and the sound of hail hitting my truck made me think I wasn't going to get through it without a cracked windshield. Luckily, it only lasted about 20 minutes, then it cleared right up. Freak weather, but made it a very interesting drive.

I have to say, even though I couldn't bring my car, this was the best Shootout I've attended to date, and it's all thanks to the people I got to meet this year. Lofty (and your cuddle-buddy Keith), Justin, Christi, Anthony, Eric, (talon)Dave, Craig, Paul, Dan, Dave, Matt (Peepers) and everyone else, it was and honor and a pleasure to meet you all and spend time with you. For those of you that were there and I didn't get a chance to shake your hand, we'll have to make it happen next year.

I think this year's turnout was bigger than any other year's, and it really showed in Wakeman, as well as in the parking lot of the track. There were some clean cars that ran incredible times and the competition gets better every year. To all of you who raced, thank you for showing us what these cars are capable of.

As for the storm, I left the track a bit early due to working early this morning, but about half an hour after I got on 80/90, I hit the most intense hail/rain storm I've ever driven through. People ahead of me pulled over underneath overpasses, or simply put their hazard lights on and drove 20mph. Visibility through the rain was about 20 feet, and the sound of hail hitting my truck made me think I wasn't going to get through it without a cracked windshield. Luckily, it only lasted about 20 minutes, then it cleared right up. Freak weather, but made it a very interesting drive.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back