The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

DSM Eastcoast road trip 2008

Whe do we want to do this East coast road trip ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

1bad420a

20+ Year Contributor
Mar 22, 2002
Concord, North_Carolina
I am posting way early on this for the simple fact that there was intrest in having it later in the warmer months instead of Feb/March . Once I get a decent # of people to chime in on the whats and whens we can start planning this sometime in Nov/ Dec.

Will this be going through KY at all. There always seems to be mass neglect for the "Bourbon" state.

I am down for whenever but need to know at least 1 month in advance. Where will it be a cruise from/to?

If you are planning the destination to be Myrtle Beach again, I will warn you to stay away from the month of May, especially the last 2 weeks. The first 2 weeks is when all the harley's come into town for their spring rally. Lots of traffic everywhere, lots of people, but it is fun.

The last two weeks is "sport-bike" week if you would, tho the locals have dubbed it something else. Lots of ignorance, and a whole lot of crime in general. Stay AWAY!.

But that's only if you are planning to end up in Myrtle again.

Black Bike Week is a blast -- for us out of towners! No, I am not black, but I have been to a couple of them -- and its great!

I was on a sport bike, and most everybody down there is just having a good time -- and you will see a ton of burnouts and booties! Big ones!

we should start southern most (FL!) =]

It has always been ( for the past 5 years or so ) Myrtle , VA , MD , etc

I am down for whenever but need to know at least 1 month in advance. Where will it be a cruise from/to?

Oh definitly there will be at least 5 months or 3 months notice as of final dates and destinations .

As far as KY goes it is usualy the coast where we go . There have been ppl from NC , SC , Tenn, MD, VA NJ that come for the ECRT.

I like Myrtle but the last 2 times I have had ppl complain or sugest warmer months . That and I can see all the complaints of " there's too many ppl " in May . You can please some people but not all the time . I will consider to move the location for the 1st stop to VA beach or Ocean city , or even another coastal town depending on the Majority . So if anyone has any other good sugestions chime in and it will be considered .

Requirements
1. On the coast
2. feb- aug. for a time frame for the stops
3.Friday - Sunday

It has always been ( for the past 5 years or so ) Myrtle , VA , MD , etc

Oh definitly there will be at least 5 months or 3 months notice as of final dates and destinations .

As far as KY goes it is usualy the coast where we go . There have been ppl from NC , SC , Tenn, MD, VA NJ that come for the ECRT.

I like Myrtle but the last 2 times I have had ppl complain or sugest warmer months . That and I can see all the complaints of " there's too many ppl " in May . You can please some people but not all the time . I will consider to move the location for the 1st stop to VA beach or Ocean city , or even another coastal town depending on the Majority . So if anyone has any other good sugestions chime in and it will be considered .

Requirements
1. On the coast
2. feb- aug. for a time frame for the stops
3.Friday - Sunday

A good overnight or weekend stop would be First Landing state park for camping in VA Beach. It is ocean front, actually just 3-5 miles in the bay. Private beach for the campgrounds and pretty laid back. I go several times a year and have never been dissapointed. Actually, I am leaving in the morning for 1 last beach camping trip of the year. They also have some awsome group sites that the dsm guys can snag. I suggest making reservations at least 2 weeks in advance.

http://www.dcr.virginia.gov/state_parks/fir.shtml

This would be my first but it sounds great. I will tell you I live about an hour south of Myrtle Beach and the month of May is really crowded up there, but plenty of fun. You guys do have it correct though the last two weeks of May are really bad and the local cops have caught wind of this also. There are more restrictions placed on everyone regardless if you are on a bike or in a DSM in those two weeks:notgood: . Imo Charleston and Savannah are both great places too there two 1/8 mile strips within 20 miles of Charleston. Just in case:thumb:

I know last year the SoVaDSM guys were willing to throw down on a party if you guys decide to stay over in Va Beach. The same goes for this year. My house is about 1/4 mile past the exit you take to get to the state park posted. So we could provide a place for a meet and greet and maybe have some people over for a couple drinks and what not.

I know last year the SoVaDSM guys were willing to throw down on a party if you guys decide to stay over in Va Beach. The same goes for this year. My house is about 1/4 mile past the exit you take to get to the state park posted. So we could provide a place for a meet and greet and maybe have some people over for a couple drinks and what not.

Thats a good idea. Actually, I am one of the team Trini8ty members and if it would ba ok with everyone else, we could do an east coats road trip ending at the camprrounds but having team trinity and 2gnt members meet up as the convoy goes along.

Im not sure how everyone else is with camping so lets get some opinions from those that would participate. Honestly, this would be my fist time attending but up until now, it was always discussed and planned too late for me and my wife to try and attend. If it is enough in advance, I can schedule a Fri and Mon off without affecting my normal vacation time. At the same time, I am kinda coming from the north and meeting at the final destination. With no covoy, it seems to be little to no fun.

I think it would be a good idea. I know the SoVa convoy up to the GMU meet is what makes the drive worth it.

As far as those not wanting to camp, there are plenty of hotels right around the area. The campgrounds are right off of a 22 mile bridge that a lot of truckers use to get up the east coast without having to head towards Richmond.

hey greg its been a while i lost your number my phone went swimming so shoot me a pm with you 100 different #'s but ads far as the whole multiple trips go this year we should still do the same in feb but then space it out a few months so its not all bunched together

hey greg its been a while i lost your number my phone went swimming so shoot me a pm with you 100 different #'s but ads far as the whole multiple trips go this year we should still do the same in feb but then space it out a few months so its not all bunched together

Whats going on Matt. Yea I realised that may is out of the question because of bike week . I will give you a call since I still have your # . LOL

If anyone is coming from Alabama me and a few of my friends from around here would most deffinately want to join in a convoy to come along. I know of atleast four that would go not including myself. Anyone coming from this direction let me know and I'll see if we can get something set up.

If anyone is coming from Alabama me and a few of my friends from around here would most deffinately want to join in a convoy to come along. I know of atleast four that would go not including myself. Anyone coming from this direction let me know and I'll see if we can get something set up.

Yes thats a good way to go about it ! I will be handling the NC group for Charlotte and rockhill/lancaster SC. The RDU / GSO guys usualy meet up w/ the VA/ MD guys off of 1 or 95.If in fact the majority of ppl from the 4 dsm boards decide for feb. / March I canprobably set up the condos at The palms. Nice rooms 3 bed 2 bath balconys, etc downside is it is 3 night minumum and must be 25 to rent.
If you check the other dsm roadtrip posts from 2005 2006 there are other hotels listed.

I'm from WV so I would like to meet up with a few people from out west for this. Sounds like a blast really. Keep working on the details. I can get a weekend off whenever.

Yes thats a good way to go about it ! I will be handling the NC group for Charlotte and rockhill/lancaster SC. The RDU / GSO guys usualy meet up w/ the VA/ MD guys off of 1 or 95.If in fact the majority of ppl from the 4 dsm boards decide for feb. / March I canprobably set up the condos at The palms. Nice rooms 3 bed 2 bath balconys, etc downside is it is 3 night minumum and must be 25 to rent.
If you check the other dsm roadtrip posts from 2005 2006 there are other hotels listed.

Where are we headed to this year? Or has that even been decided yet? Me and a few of the other guys from around here are deffinately in, we may just start a whole new convoy to meet up with everyone. Just keep me posted and I'll deffinately see if we can't meet up with some of the other guys on the way out.

Where are we headed to this year? Or has that even been decided yet? Me and a few of the other guys from around here are deffinately in, we may just start a whole new convoy to meet up with everyone. Just keep me posted and I'll deffinately see if we can't meet up with some of the other guys on the way out.

OK sounds good . The places are usualy 1, Myrtle beach SC, 2. VA Beach , 3. Ocean city MD, . Any other sugestions that will not break us will be great!:thumb:

BTW has anyone Heard from Ed?

since i lost my phone numbers i havent heard from anyone are we following the drop jaw cruise again?

Yes if thats what we want . Cheap , fun , a little cold , but still.

its a great chance to laugh at all the ricers and that seems to be the highlight of the night

I may have a DSM again by the time this happens. Hmmmm...

No word from Ed in a while. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back