The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

DSM 2G vs. 01 GT Cobra Weight comparison only.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miedosoracing

Probationary Member
Jul 4, 2003
TexasUS
Hey, I was surfing, and saw that they rate the Mustang only 3100 pounds. I thought that they were heavier than DSM's. Is that right info? Thanks

Originally posted by miedosoracing
Hey, I was surfing, and saw that they rate the Mustang only 3100 pounds. I thought that they were heavier than DSM's. Is that right info? Thanks
I think they weigh more than that if I'm not mistaken. I think they weigh around 3300 to 3400lbs.

Originally posted by jake98gst
are cobras fast?
you dont know how much of an understatement that is. they run 13's stock. its what a REAL mustang is

I can beat a Cobra...and the fast Cobras are the 03's...anything else is decent...blown V8s are the cars that we really have to look out for.

How does a Cobra compare to a "Boss"?? What's the difference?

what mods could beat a cobra?

Depends on what year gen or what mods the cobra has. Cobras are cheap to buy and mod. Ford put everything they could cost effectively manage into this new cobra. 32V forged internals 4 cam motor, With a blower. Something like that is supposed to be fast No?

Your typical bolt on non 03 cobra is ok at best. A 16g equipped gst with supporting mods should have no problems with your average bolt on cobra. Move into an AWD 20G+ powered dsm and you will have no problem infuriating most blown cobra's.

Im no mustang fan by any means. I like the older 5.0's cheap to mod with a huge aftermarket. Much like a dsm, But Id still rather have my talon over 5 03 cobras or mustang of any year.

Im no mustang fan by any means. I like the older 5.0's cheap to mod with a huge aftermarket. Much like a dsm, But Id still rather have my talon over 5 03 cobras or mustang of any year.

not to mention that since the 5.0 the mustang has turned into a chick car.
so whats the difference between a cobra and a boss besides the stickers and side exiting exhaust?

boss mustang...have you never seen one?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

from what ive searched for. the only boss i found online was a 10.0L supercharged 900hp 10.5sec car. so i assume that all the boss mustangs i see around are just fakes with boss emblems? can anyone confirm?

from what ive searched for. the only boss i found online was a 10.0L supercharged 900hp 10.5sec car. so i assume that all the boss mustangs i see around are just fakes with boss emblems? can anyone confirm?
Actually, when Larry Shinoda passed away, the original deasiner of the BOSS back in 69 and 70, they did produce, in very limited amounts, some BOSS Mustangs of his design in his memory. They were special order packages. Can't remember the year, but I think it was before the redesign of 99. The reall Boss to have is the 69 or 70 BOSS 302. 290 HP and set up for track racing. The best handling Mustang of its era, and on of the best ever, from what I've heard. Nice car, though not as nice as the 69 and 70 BOSS 429, which had over 450 hp witht he dual quads, from the factory! With slicks, in pretty much stock trim, that Mustang was capable of 11's! then engine was so big that Ford pretty much showhorned the engine in. They had to rearragne the engine bay by moving the firwall back and the strut towers out to make it fit. After that they had 71-(I think)73 BOSS 351's. Not much to brag about since it wasn't all tha fast. After that, until recetly, anything BOSS was just graphics.
That one in the picture was a purpose built car by John colleti from SVT for a challange against chevy and their Comaro. It hands down won the drag race, but suffered some problems (think it lost oil pressure) and lost the track event against the Camaro, which was set up for track racing. You might be able to dig up the comparo in the Road and Track archives. I might still even have it on tape somewhere.
I was into Stangs way before Imports. My father has a 66 convertible which actually fuelled my car passion.
Hope this helps!:thumb:

so the one i saw the other day was a 302 ci 290 hp mustang? not a 10.0l supercharged beast? or a 6 cyl stang with boss stickers?

i dont think i understand? is what a little too high? is the 10.5 sec 1/4 mile too high for 900 hp? in which case, are you nuts? 900 hp should get you well into the 10s i think. the extreme motorsports dsm that ran 8.90 sure as hell doesnt have 900hp. maybe like 4 or 500. possibly 600.

Originally posted by AWDTurboJosh

:rolleyes:

Isn't that a bit high for 900hp? :D

Yeah. but it wasn't running on all 8 cylinders when it did that. acouple push rods broke and recked the rocker arms.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back