1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Dry shot of nitrous in Stock n/t 1g

Posted by billys90tsi, May 21, 2006

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Rix Racing
  1. billys90tsi

billys90tsi Proven Member

Joined Mar 28, 2006
    sioux city, Iowa
    Ok i have a bet going with a buddy he said that i would blow my engine faster with a dry shot then wet or direct. Now i have stock internals i dont plan on putting a big shot on just enough to play with i know eventually i will blow it up but thats good my mom said she wont buy me a new engine for my n/t until this one blows up. I dont want to put a big shot on and say look mom then it go boom i want to be able to enjoy it.. What do you think how fast would i blow it up with a dry system? Also i told her its going to cost like 9,000 for the motor i want and she is fine with it.

2. BGRIPTP

BGRIPTP Proven Member

Joined May 29, 2003
    Parma Hts., Ohio
    Uh... wow. How about we grow up and use the search. WTF :toobad:

3. BOOstGhost

BOOstGhost Proven Member

Joined Dec 17, 2003
    Vacaville, California
    taking advantage of your Mom. I hope you have expensive kids just like you!

346  0

1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    · 2G DSM
  4. timloomis

timloomis Proven Member

Joined Jan 28, 2003
    duncan falls, Ohio
    a dry shot will blow your motor if its big enoguh,since the extra fuel you need isnt being added.and your retarded for having thanx mom customs sponsoring you,grow up.

424  0

1992 Eagle Talon TSi
    14.796 @ 93.970 · 1G DSM
  5. AW4G63

AW4G63 Proven Member

Joined Apr 11, 2002
    TommyPantsdownville, Ohio

It won't blow your engine. You need to get N2o w/Sand. Ask around, most shops have atonimized sand in their nitrious. It cools the burn so you can feel the burn.

6. notwho

notwho Proven Member

Joined May 7, 2006
    Parsippany, New Jersey
    Dry will f*ck your motor over a tad bit quicker than a wet or direct port. Although a better idea would be to drink gasoline and have your mother buy a new child.

7. blk 2gnt

blk 2gnt Proven Member

Joined Mar 31, 2003
    Long Valley, New Jersey
    Sell your car and buy a bicycle. You aren't mature enough to be driving.

8. 92_75i

92_75i Proven Member

Joined Jul 11, 2004
    Portland, Oregon
    AMEN....

sell your car and do us a favor..... dont ruin another dsm's

fkn kids:rolleyes:

302  0

1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 1G DSM
  9. dnhieu

dnhieu Proven Member

Joined Aug 16, 2004
    panama city, Florida
    i wish my mommy was that nice.....:cry:

the only thing she ever gave me was advice to get a job. maybe you should try to do the same...

645  0

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    manual · 2G DSM
  10. ilikespeeding

ilikespeeding Proven Member

Joined Nov 13, 2005
    Greenville, North Carolina
    how do you have a TSi n/t?

Seriously, if she really plans on getting you another engine, let me take out the balance shaft and 2 spark plugs, then try to start it and say its blown. Then let me have the car and you take your 9k and buy a really expensive used honda. Because you dont deserve a DSM.

425  0

1995 Eagle Talon TSi
    manual · 2G DSM
  11. 92_75i

92_75i Proven Member

Joined Jul 11, 2004
    Portland, Oregon
    oh btw, stop making new dumba$$ threads like the one about getting your guns and all that BS..... go to another board where the 12 yr olds hang

302  0

1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 1G DSM
  12. SkyLineGtR-R34

SkyLineGtR-R34 Proven Member

Joined Sep 5, 2005
    St. Louis, Missouri
    The best idea ever :thumb:

13. DSMJim

DSMJim Proven Member

Joined Jul 24, 2002
    Wow, all I see is a bunch of guys talking who know ABSOLUTLY NOTHING about nitrous.

WOW. You obviously have NO idea who nitrous works. A dry kit means dry manifold not "no extra fuel" there smarty pants. It has a fuel pressure riser built inbetween two sets of solenoids and a vac line that runs to your stock FPR. You put a jet in it as well. Typical jets for dry nitrous are say .38 for Nitrous and .42 for fuel, thats about a 55hp shot. The .55 for fuel allows nitrous to bypass the regulator and create pressure on the stock FPR holding it closed thus increasing the fuel pressure to compensate for the nitrous. The fuel is evenly distributed from the injectors.

Uhhh no it will not. If you use the kit as it's supposed to be used it will not blow up your motor any faster. Where in the hell did you get that from? Have you ever seen a nitrous kit even in a show car? Because you have obviously NEVER used one.

Geez. Welcome to 14 year old day on DSMTuners.

billys90tsi: The dry setup if hooked up properly (don't forget the vac hookup for the fuel) will be quite reliable and will not blow up your motor. just dont get too crazy with the shot. I sprayed a 80hp shot on a few of my cars with an old dry kit and it kicked ass on the street. I blew a lot of doors off with that setup on my GTI VR6. I think I used a .44 for nitrous and .23 for fuel. A smaller jet gives you more fueling on a dry kit. Make sure that you call NOS for the jetting setup for the kit so you know what jets make what power. If you get it wrong you could blow up your motor. If you set everything up correctly it will run and last forever. I would go through say 15 bottles a year on my GTI just on the street with no problems.

Here are the install instruction from my old NOS 4123 kit that will give you some ideas. Item # 11 is the fuel pressur riser. This part is very important obiously, follow these exactly and everything will be fine.

Attached Files:

808  0

1998 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    12.123 @ 114.750 · 2G DSM
  14. notwho

notwho Proven Member

Joined May 7, 2006
    Parsippany, New Jersey
    1. You expect a kid like this to use a nitrous kit properly?
    2. Why would you give a thread like this ANY valid/serious advice?

15. DSM_Obsession

DSM_Obsession Proven Member

Joined Nov 30, 2003
    mom and pop's racing.......yeah go buy a honda dude!
    Get'em jim!
    and remember
    |
    |
    |
    \/

Attached Files: