The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

Dry shot of nitrous in Stock n/t 1g

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billys90tsi

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 28, 2006
sioux city, Iowa
Ok i have a bet going with a buddy he said that i would blow my engine faster with a dry shot then wet or direct. Now i have stock internals i dont plan on putting a big shot on just enough to play with i know eventually i will blow it up but thats good my mom said she wont buy me a new engine for my n/t until this one blows up. I dont want to put a big shot on and say look mom then it go boom i want to be able to enjoy it.. What do you think how fast would i blow it up with a dry system? Also i told her its going to cost like 9,000 for the motor i want and she is fine with it.

Uh... wow. How about we grow up and use the search. WTF :toobad:

a dry shot will blow your motor if its big enoguh,since the extra fuel you need isnt being added.and your retarded for having thanx mom customs sponsoring you,grow up.

billys90tsi said:
Ok i have a bet going with a buddy he said that i would blow my engine faster with a dry shot then wet or direct. Now i have stock internals i dont plan on putting a big shot on just enough to play with i know eventually i will blow it up but thats good my mom said she wont buy me a new engine for my n/t until this one blows up. I dont want to put a big shot on and say look mom then it go boom i want to be able to enjoy it.. What do you think how fast would i blow it up with a dry system? Also i told her its going to cost like 9,000 for the motor i want and she is fine with it.

It won't blow your engine. You need to get N2o w/Sand. Ask around, most shops have atonimized sand in their nitrious. It cools the burn so you can feel the burn.

Dry will f*ck your motor over a tad bit quicker than a wet or direct port. Although a better idea would be to drink gasoline and have your mother buy a new child.

Sell your car and buy a bicycle. You aren't mature enough to be driving.

i wish my mommy was that nice.....:cry:

the only thing she ever gave me was advice to get a job. maybe you should try to do the same...

how do you have a TSi n/t?

Seriously, if she really plans on getting you another engine, let me take out the balance shaft and 2 spark plugs, then try to start it and say its blown. Then let me have the car and you take your 9k and buy a really expensive used honda. Because you dont deserve a DSM.

ilikespeeding said:
how do you have a TSi n/t?

Seriously, if she really plans on getting you another engine, let me take out the balance shaft and 2 spark plugs, then try to start it and say its blown. Then let me have the car and you take your 9k and buy a really expensive used honda. Because you dont deserve a DSM.

The best idea ever :thumb:

Wow, all I see is a bunch of guys talking who know ABSOLUTLY NOTHING about nitrous.

timloomis said:
a dry shot will blow your motor if its big enoguh,since the extra fuel you need isnt being added.and your retarded for having thanx mom customs sponsoring you,grow up.

WOW. You obviously have NO idea who nitrous works. A dry kit means dry manifold not "no extra fuel" there smarty pants. It has a fuel pressure riser built inbetween two sets of solenoids and a vac line that runs to your stock FPR. You put a jet in it as well. Typical jets for dry nitrous are say .38 for Nitrous and .42 for fuel, thats about a 55hp shot. The .55 for fuel allows nitrous to bypass the regulator and create pressure on the stock FPR holding it closed thus increasing the fuel pressure to compensate for the nitrous. The fuel is evenly distributed from the injectors.

notwho said:
Dry will f*ck your motor over a tad bit quicker than a wet or direct port. Although a better idea would be to drink gasoline and have your mother buy a new child.

Uhhh no it will not. If you use the kit as it's supposed to be used it will not blow up your motor any faster. Where in the hell did you get that from? Have you ever seen a nitrous kit even in a show car? Because you have obviously NEVER used one.

Geez. Welcome to 14 year old day on DSMTuners.

billys90tsi: The dry setup if hooked up properly (don't forget the vac hookup for the fuel) will be quite reliable and will not blow up your motor. just dont get too crazy with the shot. I sprayed a 80hp shot on a few of my cars with an old dry kit and it kicked ass on the street. I blew a lot of doors off with that setup on my GTI VR6. I think I used a .44 for nitrous and .23 for fuel. A smaller jet gives you more fueling on a dry kit. Make sure that you call NOS for the jetting setup for the kit so you know what jets make what power. If you get it wrong you could blow up your motor. If you set everything up correctly it will run and last forever. I would go through say 15 bottles a year on my GTI just on the street with no problems.

Here are the install instruction from my old NOS 4123 kit that will give you some ideas. Item # 11 is the fuel pressur riser. This part is very important obiously, follow these exactly and everything will be fine.

Attachments

• nosin1.jpg
    nosin1.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 83
  • nosin2.jpg
    nosin2.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 87
  • nosin3.jpg
    nosin3.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 83
DSMJim said:
Uhhh no it will not. If you use the kit as it's supposed to be used it will not blow up your motor any faster. Where in the hell did you get that from? Have you ever seen a nitrous kit even in a show car? Because you have obviously NEVER used one.
1. You expect a kid like this to use a nitrous kit properly?
2. Why would you give a thread like this ANY valid/serious advice?

mom and pop's racing.......yeah go buy a honda dude!
Get'em jim!
and remember
|
|
|
\/

Attachments

• searchfirst.gif
    searchfirst.gif
    14.2 KB · Views: 71
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back