The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Dry nitrous kit

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DetroitStroker

Proven Member
Dec 22, 2012
Detroit, Michigan
When using a dry nitrous system I'm curious to the benefit/defect of the effects associated to placing the nitrous nozzle on the inlet of the intercooler; hopefully cooling the surface area of the core which in turn is cooling MORE air and still forcing the cold charge in the engine.

I vastly understand the difference between wet and dry and am using a 3" gm mas so it will be metered and fuel compensated that way. It is not a question about n2o setups in general but in particular to this way.

I will be looking to spray a small 35 shot while spooling up on the converter and possibly leave it on down the track. I will most likely be on full e85.

Any thoughts or ideas against running a setup as such?

Last edited:
If you were running a wet system I might be worried about fuel pooling up in the intercooler but since it's just dry I can't think of any major issues it would cause, I personally haven't tried it though so take what I say with a grain of salt

You'll see more benefits post intercooler it will actually work better because it's a colder temp than the intercooler so while the intercooler cools the air charge the n20 will be colder than it would be exiting the intercooler so therefore the intercooler will actually be warming up the air. Ideally the best place is in front of the throttlebody. As far as counting on the mas to adjust for the additional oxygen that won't work either as n20 is denser in oxygen than air, that's the point of running it. Ideally with a dry kit you'd account for the additional oxygen with your injectors with whatever you are using to tune with.

Just do it in front of the throttle body. You'll have to be able to add fuel in your tuning or cheat by adding pressure to the FPR while spraying. I'm using a 100hp dry, to get on the converter and AEM EMS nitrous settings to add the fuel. Works really well.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back