The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Dropzone full coilover!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Funny you say that I was just about to post pics. Well contrary to what everyone said they fit fine they were not to short and just to prove it these pics are with the coilovers adjusted all the way DOWN. This is as low as they will go. I will be rasing the front about a inch and change and the back about the same just to keep the front tilt bias.(nose lower than tail)

Hows the ride tho? It may look cool, but hows it ride. I had drop zones on my protege and it made the car look nice and low but rode like I just cut the springs. Plus, 2 months down the road of playing lowrider I broke not one but two of the springs. Im glad I had the wheels off and saw it. After that I went with a eibach/tokico combo and never looked back.

Hows the ride tho? It may look cool, but hows it ride. I had drop zones on my protege and it made the car look nice and low but rode like I just cut the springs. Plus, 2 months down the road of playing lowrider I broke not one but two of the springs. Im glad I had the wheels off and saw it. After that I went with a eibach/tokico combo and never looked back.

I will post how it rides as soon as I get her back on the road which should be in the next week or two then I wil post like a month or two down the line with how they'r holding up and I don't baby my car ....at all so i will be a good test.

Dropzone is cheap ebay stuff good luck with those things, Not a good deal considering the fact they will fail in a shorter time than good ones..

I have a 96 accord that sees NO track time or hard driving and it had dropzone springs on it and 2 of them broke in half damaging the tower mount area :notgood: It put quite a bit of strain on my control arms also and had to rebuild them after they were removed....
IMO save youre money and put it twards something good or just get drop springs with KYB agx's wich is a good combo thats tryed and tru...

Come on I know you been around enough to check titles

OMG "DROPZONE full coilover"
:beatentodeath:

That set up will cost you big $$ on repairs after the whole thing comes apart. :D
Belive me I had the same thing and was as surprise as you where (for the price) In the end It cost me new cv boots, new springs, new struts and more money (not to mention safety) I know this might be a late post but I know this maker an I know them well, their product is crap bro! :notgood:

Old thread.. i know.. just wanted to point out i have these and havent installed yet and if your still around i would like to know .. how have they been?

how did you mount them without the top mount plate?

Old thread.. i know.. just wanted to point out i have these and havent installed yet and if your still around i would like to know .. how have they been?

how did you mount them without the top mount plate?

Yeah you could say I'm still around but I don't own that car anymore but the guy I sold it too loved the way it handled and drove and never had any problems with it suspension wise.

Do they make those for a 1G?

Dont waste your money. Your not gonna get a good shock for a 1g anymore. They quit making Yellows, and there is not another shock out there that will do the job they did. I looked for over a week before I bit the bullet and ordered k-sports. I should have waited because now SBR has them on sale.

Contact SBR and get a set of K-Sports unless your serious about autox then save up for some JICs or some Hotbits.

Exactly my thoughts. I would just cut my coils if all your going after is a drop. That is free and just as safe/reliable/trust worthy as these shitty things. If your going to get a coilover sleeve kit, get some ground controls, and keep a lookout for some yellows on the classifieds.

My front passenger side shock has lost a good bit of rebound just sitting still for a month with drop springs on it. Feels like crap, so glad my K-Sports are coming in tomorrow.

As for which of the three is best, I am under the impression D-2s, Megans, and K-Sports are all made in the same factory, get whichever color you like best, or can get the best deal on.

sorry bro.. i just installed these.. and they suck baaad ... the spring is soo short that at 60 on a highway a little bump slams the spring coils into eachother which causes a big bang... these will stay in until i get my GR-2 with lowering springs back... but im glad they worked for you... wish they could have for me LOL..

what does anybody think about Megan racing lowering springs on KYB GR-2?

trying to go the cheapest route but not cut corners

sorry bro.. i just installed these.. and they suck baaad ... the spring is soo short that at 60 on a highway a little bump slams the spring coils into eachother which causes a big bang... these will stay in until i get my GR-2 with lowering springs back... but im glad they worked for you... wish they could have for me LOL..

what does anybody think about Megan racing lowering springs on KYB GR-2?

trying to go the cheapest route but not cut corners

Yeah I don't know what to tell you when I had these ON MY OLD CAR I NO LONGER OWN I didn't have that problem but the adjust ability wasn't as much as advertised like you could never get these back to stock ride height or even close but if you were going for a slammed or very lowered look these did the job.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back