The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Dropping in to say hello

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BennyDSM

Probationary Member
Oct 7, 2019
Hazel Green, Alabama
Big time car person here, never cared who built it as long as it ran! Have owned many makes, and models. My first DSM was a 92 Eagle Talon TSi. In Black Cherry.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

That is one old pic. Circa 95, this car came through an auction with drivers side damage with parts to complete. Hood, fender, and light assembly. Just needed installation, and paint. Got a good deal, the damage was 100% cosmetic. No core or inner fender damage. The light assembly was trashed though. Took a bit of work to get the new one sitting correctly did kind of bugger the mounting points for the light housing though. Drove it a while, and regrettably traded it. But, that RX7 GTU was awful nice though. Would be a while before I found next. I needed a car with better fuel economy, and more practical than my 79 stupidly over built T/A... In 99 I got a 91 Laser 1.8 that car wasn't super fast, but reliability was it's best quality.

I finally wound up with to many project cars, a friend needed a ride so I gave him a deal on it. The same person I just got the GS from. Fast forward to 2014 I snagged a 97 GST that had been taken apart, and left that way for a couple of years. I paid for it on the spot knowing It will drive away, with no pull backs once it is moving under it's own power again. Made that mistake once. Couple of hours it was ready to fire up. Didn't act odd, ran fine so I hit the road. Almost 200 miles from his place to mine LOL!

Crappy cell shot of it seeing sun after 2 years. I did worry on the trip though, the tires were may pops if I had ever seen any before... I had a chase truck with dove tail trailer, and spares just in case! And of course my latest a 97 GS.

A look at how we found it after he parked it. Someone hijacked the friggen wheels. To bring this to a close there are a couple of pics in my profile of it haven't got fresh ones yet, other than a pic of the wheel. sorry it wound up being a wall of text! And, hello everyone.

Attachments

• 92 Eagle Talon TSI.JPG
    92 Eagle Talon TSI.JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 108
I always like a good story to get started, good job Benny! Glad to have you on the forum for advice from those days when these were new!
Marty

Thanks to you all! I'm already using search for topics I need for some much needed projects. #1 getting the sail windows fixed on the Sarrano 97. They had to be removed due to broken parts. Also glad to know an Alabama member is about. I have been on forums for nearly every car that has come and gone in my life. I miss like 80% of them. Only lost 2 to major accidents. Tornado in 2011 had a good time With my 86 Fox body Convertible. Didn't kill it but ruined the top mech, and almost new top. I have a friend that has more DSMs than fingers and toes. In various stages of parts or, project in need of completion. Including an AWD converted Spyder. I will see if he is okay with my sharing of the pics. And, show you the DSM goodies galore! He owns the Spyder that made 397,000. It's well past 400,000 since rebuild. I have been hobbled by a health problem that reared it ugly head in 2018, the poor GST shows it now. Only just now getting somewhat able to catch up on much needed stuff. Just have to do what I can, when I can. Certainly glad, hate not being able to do simple things. I used to be a marine tech, Repaired fiberglass damage, and Gelcoat. Not now unfortunately. You haven't lived till you have regelled, and copper seal waterline painted a 44 foot house boat! LOL!!! That was the first, and LAST we ever did...

[Edit to fix good ole autocorrect goofery]

Yes, it was as a generational storm. Lets hope... I have never in my life been afraid of storms. I was cowering like a little B that day. The Hackelburg tornado lifted a mile before my town was hit. But, another reorganised, and set back down a few miles to our east. Just as I remember stories of the 74 outbreak from my mom, and dad. I now have seen things like they had to. They were both Red Cross medics, they saw the more gruesome side than I. I didn't go to any of the affected areas untill a bit of time had passed, but still holy cow. A friend of mine had my Fox to do suspension work on when the storm shredded most of his house, and flattened the garage. He was going to start that night luckily it wasn't in that garage!
[Edit: Need to proof read before posting LOL]

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back