The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

2G DRL Headlight issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Avilleneuve

Probationary Member
Apr 11, 2022
Kelowna, BC_Canada
Okay! So after attempting a fusebox relocation and engine harness tuck I have worked myself into an issue with my headlights. The way I have them hooked up right now when I have the key on run or acc the drl's should come on right? They do but they have a buzzing sound comming from the bulb and they look very underpowered and I don't get tail lights. But when I turn the switch by the steering wheel to my headlights I get no drls, I get taillights again and I have low beams. Switching to highbeam does nothing. I do have the drl ecu hooked up, I don't believe I have nor had any relays after the drl ecu.
I have read every thread I can find and haven't been able to solve this issue. Please help
95 eagle talon

Last edited:
still looking for help! i have my headlights & highbeams working decently, the issue i have is my drl buzz when they are on and i dont have any taillights, im looking for someone with experience working on the canadian cars. most of the diagrams i look at have the wrong colours. my plug has a black wire that goes to ground, unfortunately most diagrams say that the headlights have 3 coloured wires.
this is the diagram that i have gone off of because it seems to be the most accurate, it is also how i have it hooked up right now and i have have no drls and taillights when my key is on and the headlight switch turned off

i have been looking at these diagrams trying to figure this out for a week
i need help, please!

Attachments

• Canada Lights.doc
    74 KB · Views: 31
Just out of curiosity, it this something you've been asked to do to register the car?

I only ask because the doc is named Canada Lights and I know that some parts of Canada are quite picky with DRL's.

I've been importing JDM Altezza's into Canada from Japan since 2014 and always have done the DRL's myself to pass the Provincial inspection.

I didn't do anything fancy either, just grabbed some LED DRL's off ebay and wired positive to the cigarrette lighter so that they power up with the turn of the key.

If you're looking to wire your already existing stock lights to run as DRL's, that will probably be more complicated I would imagine.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply!
This is an issue that I have run into while trying to do a fusebox relocation. I thought I had everything hooked up properly( my car never had any relays it says I should have before just the drl ecu) and when I should get drls (key on) my drls (highball at half power?) Buzz, the actual bulbs you can hear bussing, as well as the taillights not working. I have since added a relay qp, and now have full functioning low and high beams as I select them. I'm just trying to have this thing done right before I wrap it up and start driving it this week.

The issue that I'm having is with the red wire with white stripe. It has 12v ready to go to the drl ecu from the headlight relay, as soon as the relay clicks it looses all measurable voltage on that line. Idk if it's the drl ecu or I have something hooked up wrong but both lights work when toggles with the switch by the steering wheel, the taillights work then too just not when the drls should take over

Thanks for the reply!
I'm not exactly sure how my car operated before I did a whole fusebox relocation but I had 0 relays.
I have since added one for my highbeams and have given up on my drls. Key on my drls come on in the front but nothing in the back. Once I turn on my headlights I get tail lights. And my high beams work, so I have accepted this is the way it is.

It was mostly for peace of mind because I had just hacked up the harness and I thought I effd something up.
Hopefully I don't need an inspection any time soon haha.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back