The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Driving a Laser RS AWD today!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

awild

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 28, 2003
Grand Rapids, Michigan
The GSX fell through horribly, now I am going to look at a 92 Laser RS AWD 5spd. I know very little about this car but here's some basics besides what I have already mentioned:

Driver Air Bag; Anti-Lock Brakes; Air Conditioning; Alloy Wheels; Cruise Control; Passenger Air Bag; Power Door Locks; Power Windows; Power Steering; Sunroof/Moonroof; Tinted Glass; Tilt Wheel;

Black/Black 89k miles, asking price $2900. He doesn't know when the last tune up was:rolleyes: , so I'll talk this sucker down if it checks out to be a nice car.

Question: Laser spoilers are a little weak for my taste and I love the look of the 1g Eclipse spoiler, can't be too hard to rip apart the interior, drill some holes through the body panels, and look mean...is it?

Everything is easily swappable....good luck with buying the car, you will need it:thumb: Oh and BTW, no 1G had airbags;)

Originally posted by awild
Question: Laser spoilers are a little weak for my taste and I love the look of the 1g Eclipse spoiler, can't be too hard to rip apart the interior, drill some holes through the body panels, and look mean...is it?
:mad:

;) Lasers own.

Originally posted by candela
Everything is easily swappable....good luck with buying the car, you will need it:thumb: Oh and BTW, no 1G had airbags;)

Thanks for the luck...I really need it especially since I am a picky bastard when it comes to rides. As for the airbags...thats just what the guy had listed as options (maybe he meant possible options from the dealership:rolleyes: )

Well I meant good luck in a sense that most DSM'ers do not know what they are getting into when buying these cars:laugh: and BTW- the airbags were not even an option.... if the guy has no idea when hes done work to it last and thinks he has airbags, then you better take the initiative to really check it out as he prolly has no idea WTF hes doing:thumb:

Originally posted by candela
Well I meant good luck in a sense that most DSM'ers do not know what they are getting into when buying these cars:laugh: and BTW- the airbags were not even an option.... if the guy has no idea when hes done work to it last and thinks he has airbags, then you better take the initiative to really check it out as he prolly has no idea WTF hes doing:thumb:

Yeah I didnt think they had airbags. As for not knowing what I'm getting into: well I had a GSX, Stealth, and now a 3000gt. I'd say I know a little about the Mitsu drivetrain/engine from those three combined;)

So I test drove this laser- here's a list of what I liked about it
sunroof
um...sunroof

Here were some problems
2nd and 3rd syncro were close to shot
No 60k done
Squeeking brakes
Bondo'd and not painted front bumper
rusted out fender
slicks (actually not slicks but appeared to be)
the "alloy" wheels were actually what comes under the hubcaps
Black trim under windows peeling
Auto belts werent so auto

Well, this car was a perfect opportunity to practice my AWD launches...got a pretty good one at 4k with wet bald tires. And then heard "krkckckerkkckkrkckt" as I shifted into second (ps, 2nd gear was already bad. I didnt kill the guys car)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back