The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

drivetrain noise

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NITROMAD

Probationary Member
Mar 3, 2003
KansasUS
I bought a 90 awd talon tsi (cheap)! But the guy I bought it from towed it about 70 miles front wheels up! Now it has a lot of noise coming from the drivetrain! Ive been told that it could be the center viscous unit? Any input would be very much helpfull!!! THX!:thumb:

If it was towed that far with the front wheels up. I am pretty sure that center diff is toast. Lift up the back tires off the groud with the front still on the groud see if you can move the back tires. I belive you should be able to spin the back tires if they don't spin at all then your center diff is gone.

I should add that it does still drive down the road just makes noise! Would a welded center diff fix it?

With a welded center diff you will get drive train noise. Just becarefull making U turns it puts alot of stress on the rear axels you will hear the rear tires chirp as you make sharp turns like parking spaces or U turns

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back