The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

drivetrain conversion newb question?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nocturnal_tsi

Probationary Member
Aug 7, 2016
GORDON, Georgia
the first pic is the motor in my car (obviously) then the other is the one out of my 5speed donor... the auto doesnt have a line up pin where the maunual does?!?! do i need to swap these out? im talking about the 7 bolt piece in the middle that might help LOL

Attachments

• 2rrrq03.jpg
    2rrrq03.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 71
  • 331hr7q.jpg
    331hr7q.jpg
    371.1 KB · Views: 69
I don't have experience with DSM auto trans/crankshafts, but so long as you have enough room for the trans input shaft to spline mesh with your clutch, even with the auto crank, you should be fine. The input shaft won't move in and out so I say test fit the trans to the engine without the clutch attached, but with the flywheel installed. If there's nothing keeping it from bolting up properly, you're good to go.

Last edited:
thanks for the replys! i was able to get it out fairly easy with a small pry bar... but im still wondering do i need the line up pin or will ibe fine without it?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back