The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Driveshaft/Propeller shaft u-joints

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeosTalon

15+ Year Contributor
May 14, 2005
Southgate, Michigan
Okay, so I've already gotten bent over the counter at Satan for the Center Bearings, $193 for both. OMG They want $95 per u-joint. That's $285 in parts for items I've typically paid $25 each for.

Does anyone have a generic non-Mitsu part number for the u-joints? If you've got for both 1G and 2G, please post them as well because I've got one of each.

GeosTalon said:
Okay, so I've already gotten bent over the counter at Satan for the Center Bearings, $193 for both. OMG They want $95 per u-joint. That's $285 in parts for items I've typically paid $25 each for.

Does anyone have a generic non-Mitsu part number for the u-joints? If you've got for both 1G and 2G, please post them as well because I've got one of each.
Talk to Josh at JNZ . He tipped me off to the fact that the Mitsu "Yoke Recall Kit" which sells for $35 includes a u-joint which you can pirate. The u-joints outright are ~$70.

Replaced all mine this way ;) :dsm:

This is just for peopel who might need a cheaper way for some u joints... I went to autzone and matched my u joint up with one from a mazda. I'm not sure what mazda, but so far so good and they were only $19 bucks for both!

Generic part # (neapco, chicago rawhide, etc) is 11557. This can be found at advance, autozone, etc. Average price is $10-18 each. And they have been holding up well in my car with numerouse aggresive launches(1.5 yrs).

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back