The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Drivers side axle not going in

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacolu3

Proven Member
Jan 31, 2015
Lake Grove, New_York
I'm having trouble getting my drivers side axle into the tranny. Its a 97 gsx and just had a ppg dog box built with a front quiafe lsd and a center spool. For some reason it won't go into the tranny all the way. The intermediate shaft has no c clip so it should slide right in but stops about an inch short. I even separated the intermediate shaft from the axle to see if it would go in and still won't go in all the way.

I'm having trouble getting my drivers side axle into the tranny. Its a 97 gsx and just had a ppg dog box built with a front quiafe lsd and a center spool. For some reason it won't go into the tranny all the way. The intermediate shaft has no c clip so it should slide right in but stops about an inch short. I even separated the intermediate shaft from the axle to see if it would go in and still won't go in all the way.
What about the two bolt holes on the mounting bracket? If the bolt holes are lined up with the holes on the block, then the shaft is most likely in its position already, even if it looks like 1" short.
Here is how mine looks like.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
What about the two bolt holes on the mounting bracket? If the bolt holes are lined up with the holes on the block, then the shaft is most likely in its position already, even if it looks like 1" short.
Here is how mine looks like. The shaft is not OEM though.

The bolt holes are about 1" away. And my shaft is sticking out much more than yours

The bolt holes are about 1" away. And my shaft is sticking out much more than yours
Your are at the first spot that the shaft gets stopped. Even it's without a c clip, it doesn't go in until the end smoothly. You have to push it in.
P.S I have the same setup.

Last edited:
So I figured it out. I also had the t case rebuilt and had the center billet piece added on and one of the bolt heads was a little too big and the half shaft was hitting the bolt.

So I figured it out. I also had the t case rebuilt and had the center billet piece added on and one of the bolt heads was a little too big and the half shaft was hitting the bolt.
Glad that you figured it out. That's interesting, you mean the bolt in the green circle?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back