The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G driver side lower lateral arm failed

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiroDSM

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 28, 2011
San Antonio, Texas
Ok on thanksgiving day I was driving home going about 15mph and I hear my tire grinding. So I stop and lucky me the driver side front tire was collapsed. At first I thought it was my ball joint since I haven't done the recall but no my lower latteral arm came apart from the frame. One bolt is broken in there and the other is stripped. Just to have a driving car I welded the piece to the crossmember. My question is if the arm nuts are on the crossmember or on the frame. And if simply replacing the cross member would fix my problem. I know it's not safe but it's our only car since my gfs car took a dump. I need to replace my ball joints and I know the dealership won't touch my car with this quick fix to replace the bj's. ill have pics in a bit

You know, there's that famous Colin Chapman quote - "any suspension will work if you don't let it" - as in, some suspensions work best if you do not let them move, which actually applies well to the front end of a 2G DSM and is why we run front springs in the 800+ range, plus a big bar.

But welding it is taking the idea a little too far.

I broke one of those bolts when I awd swapped my car, I just drilled it out and retapped the hole, good as new. Much easier and better than swapping the subframe or welding the control arm.

Sorry ill restate the question. The lower latteral arm on the driver side just came loose, turns out was bolt broke of in the whole, the other just slipped out so im guessing it's stripped. I welded the arm back the the area it bolts up to but I want to do it right. So where do the bolts to the arm tie into? The cross member or the frame.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back