The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Driver side door WILL NOT lock. Alarm issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pablobtown

Proven Member
Sep 16, 2013
Bloomington, Indiana
Ok, so this has been going on ever since I bought the car. The drivers side door will not lock sometimes. Ill hit the button and the passenger side locks fine. But the drivers side lock will go about half way and stick. If I manually try to lock it. It wont lock. I push on the thing as hard as I want(it feels like I'm bending something inside) and close the lock tab all the way, it goes right back to the middle way point. The key also will not lock it. If it does this when I leave and lock the car and don't realize it. When I unlock the car and open the door handle the damn alarm goes off.

I've found that if I turn the car back on, close the door then it will lock. Then I shut off the car and its fine. I feel like its an alarm system issue. The actuators are fine I think because they work all the time while the car is running. ANY HELP would be greatly appreciated! :banghead:

If they actuators work when the car is running, it may be a voltage issue. That little bit extra juice you get when the car is running may be the extra push that actuator needs to fully operate.

Thats an educated guess though. Just take off the door panel, (make sure window is up) and take a look at the linkage, etc.

Sounds like its worth a few minutes to take the door panel off and see what's going on... I dont know why it works sometimes but not everytime. On my 2g there was a saftey that wouldnt let you lock your keys in the car so thats another thing you could look into.That's pretty strange so if you figure it out fill the rest of us in on what the problem was. Good luck!

Yeah zkheasely, thats exactly what it's like! Its like it thinks the key are in it or something, it's annoying as sh*t! I just had a remote-start installed too so I got a cool key fob (btw it didn't fix or worsen the issue) and scared to use the keyless entree because its a game of roulette whether or not the alarm goes off when I open the door... I'll look into the mechanics later. I am almost positive it is the alarm system or some other electronics that keeps it from locking...

was the car ok before the remote start. if it was then it could be the way the remote start was wired up.

No I was hoping the remote start would, for whatever reason, fix the issue. The issue has been there since day 1. The only previous owner never used the door locks. He drove it around country roads with the top down and drove it back home and parked it in the garage. Never had a reason to lock the doors. Never took it and left it somewhere.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back