The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Resolved 2gNT driver side door lock

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyle McL

Proven Member
Jun 28, 2014
Rierside, Pennsylvania
My driver side door locks and unlocks when I use the key. However it may take a few times of me putting the key in and pulling out(hitting when its in too). It seems stuck where it doesn't want to move. Any ideas? The passenger door works fine and I didn't pull the door panel off to look at it yet.

Solution
Took it off last night. The assembly was gunned up. I sprayed carb and choke cleaner and wd-40 first. Then lubed it up with lithium grease. Works perfect now.
I hit mine with PB Blaster because NONE of them worked, not that its a good thing because it will gum up the works, but it worked and then I cleaned it back out with brake parts cleaner and after it dried I put some graphite in it. I thought I was gonna need a locksmith to fix them but persistance paid off...now if I could just get that hatch lock to do the same but it seems to be more particular. Just a suggestion, but do clean it back out afterwards so it won't collect dirt. Worked for me.

Well I do want to try the graphite first.However, worst case scenario and this might be a dumb question. Is the passenger side door lock interchangeable with the driver side? If the graphite fails. I would like to just switch them until I get a new lock assembly. As a last resort. The door is temperamental now and really just do not feel like messing with it for 20 seconds or so, to get it to unlock.

I have the same issue, with my passenger side door and semi with my driver side. I changed both handles recently because neither worked. Its either the assembly or the latch itself. I'd recommend taking the panel off and loosening some of the bolts to try to reposition the latch and hold it in place while you retighten it & make sure that all the rods in the assembly are attached correctly. And some WD40 SILICONE LUBRICANT helps. If that doesn't improve it then may just be some of the assembly components need to renewed. (Springs, rod clips, pigtails.)

Last edited:
Took it off last night. The assembly was gunned up. I sprayed carb and choke cleaner and wd-40 first. Then lubed it up with lithium grease. Works perfect now.

Solution
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back