The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Driver door handle ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

one8e7GSX

Probationary Member
Feb 8, 2013
Denver, Colorado
So my driver door was ripped off in a attempt of theft on my 95GSX and by the looks of it there is no visible way to get the new handle in without some kind of muscle and problems. Can any one point me in the correct direction of a raise way to install ?

And a screw In the trim of the door
It's a bi*** but possible
I had problems putting in the new one as opposed of taking it off

Finally got the handle in but for some reason it is not catching or opening the door. Any further ideas ?

I had a similar problem with the door handle not opening or catching.. you have to get the rod that the handle pushes down to pop the door lock open adjusted correctly.all i did was put something like a zip tie or something in where the rod attaches to the handle to give it a little more travel. If you go to far the door wont latch. Its a pain...

I had the same issue when I replaced my door handle with a new used one. I could operate the door from the inside, but would not operate the door at all from outside. With the panel off of the door, peek toward the end of the door. There should be a metal rod that moves up and down when you pull on the outside door handle. Mine moved, but would not allow the door to open. I simply put a SS bolt I had laying around through the top portion of the loop where the metal rod meets the release mechanism for the door. The bolt was an m6 about 20-30mm. The door operates perfectly. I just slid the bolt through the loop. I did not bother to put a nut on the other side as I was already frustrated trying to put the bolt in that hold the handle from behind the glass.

Here is a quick diagram of what I did with the bolt. It is juvenile, but functional.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back