The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Drip Moldings

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nekd48

Probationary Member
Feb 28, 2014
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
I need NEW Drip Moldings, ( Part numbers, MB 88 1973 & 74, left & right side for a 1995 Eagle Talon. I have called the dealers, Chrysler & Mitsubishi, they are discontinued. I have tried many web sites, no luck. Does anyone know where I could purchase them??? PLEASE!!!

They are discontinued so buying new is out of the question. Finding a used set in great shape is hard but not impossible. I agree with dsmcrzy however, just plastidip them and be done.

New will be near impossible to find.
Plasti dipping is a good alternative. I did that to mine and they look brand new.
They are discontinued so buying new is out of the question. Finding a used set in great shape is hard but not impossible. I agree with dsmcrzy however, just plastidip them and be done.
This and this.

I've probably got one of the last new sets available on my car now and they were purchased about three years ago.

Hit up junk yards. I yank every clean set I come across cause i know people always need them. Pretty good at taking them off as well. But for now plastic dip might be your friend.

Good luck finding new old stock. The one or two dsmers in the country sitting on a new set will want top dollar if they would even sell them. I'm kicking myself for not buying at least one set a few years back when a vendor said they had the last one's. Used and plasticoat are your options.

Stevie at miller import is a good guy if he has any he will help you out. I doubt JNZ can tell you more than what you've heard here.

Look for a part out in the classifieds.

Good luck finding new old stock. The one or two dsmers in the country sitting on a new set will want top dollar if they would even sell them. I'm kicking myself for not buying at least one set a few years back when a vendor said they had the last one's. Used and plasticoat are your options.

Stevie at miller import is a good guy if he has any he will help you out. I doubt JNZ can tell you more than what you've heard here.

Look for a part out in the classifieds.

We ordered about 50 sets a few years back from both Mitsubishi and Mopar. That was the last of the new stock in warehouses at the time. We sold all of them in less than a week on here. Your only realistic choice is reconditioning your existing set or finding a used set.

I might well have the last set of brand new ones. I dont have any plans to sell them though. I was planning to install them but I came across some nice ones that are working fine for now.

I was thinking about sanding mine down and trying to blend into the rubber edge then using a rubber coating, either dip or spray them until built up to roughly factory mil thickness. I was thinking the same material for under coat may work? I’m not sure how to get it smooth though… that’s where I thinking dipping instead of spraying may come into play.

Undercoating would not be smooth no matter how you applied it. Another thing you might not know about undercoating. It's usually dark brown, not black. You just can't tell from the bottom of a car without sunlight.

I'm going to try using flat (matte) black paint on mine. I'm pretty good at painting so I feel I can make it look OEM to the untrained eye.

I tried taking some off a parts car but the screws were so rusty that I threw in the towel.

The edges of mine are missing rubber here and there. I may sand, fill with bondo and shape then plastidip over. I just hope my screws aren’t rusty too…

This is not about drip rails.. but I have to tell you guys what a dumb thing I did .. The trim that`s goes around the bottom of my top looked rather dull so I put a coat of wax to brighten them up .. Bad idea.. days later they look all milky and I tried to buff the hell out of them with no luck.. Looks like I will have to repaint them now.. Duh..must have been a senior moment ..

This is not about drip rails.. but I have to tell you guys what a dumb thing I did .. The trim that`s goes around the bottom of my top looked rather dull so I put a coat of wax to brighten them up .. Bad idea.. days later they look all milky and I tried to buff the hell out of them with no luck.. Looks like I will have to repaint them now.. Duh..must have been a senior moment ..
I wax mine on the Spyder with no problems, maybe try a rubbing compound and then another coat of wax.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back