The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

Drag run for the first time but....

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlowUglyDSM

20+ Year Contributor
May 16, 2002
Grand_Rapids_MI
It's a long story. I have finally made it to the drag strip today. Here is my best run:

Reaction: .735
60ft: 2.468
1/4 ET: 14.221
MPH: 103.17

Traction really sux on FWD car with Big 16G. I can't broke into 13s with my street setup. At the end of 4th run, bad thing happenned... I think I broke my center differential because of severe wheel hop. The car now runs like crap. *sigh*

I'm seriously thinking about selling the car after I fixed the differential. Too much trouble with DSM and I'm kinda sick of it. I went to autoX, race track, drag track and DSM is not a really best for any of them. I used to have 90 Eagle Taon Tsi AWD but same stuff happenned (transmission took a crap).

Another reason is I have 8 point in my driving record and my insurance rate sux. My car (Red Eclipse GST) really gets cops attention when it comes to speed trap.

I might be leaving my fellow DSM community... What do u guys think?

*sorry for my bad english... I'm too tired for today...

I'm sorry it's not running right. However the good news is, according to your car info you have a GS-T, which does not have a center diff., so you couldn't have broken it. Only the AWD's have C.Diffs. However, you may have broken a front diff, which all FWD cars have (excepting solid axle FWD "drag only" cars, which most likely run some type of spool.)

Anyway, congrats on the 14.2, thats not bad for a 2G FWD. Good luck with repairs.

Thx.... It's probably the front diff that causing the problem.... If my car is awd, it will be low 13s or even high 12s with that MPH.

But now, I'm more worrying about my car than anything else :cry:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back