The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Downpipe

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Talontsi911

Probationary Member
Mar 13, 2014
Swansea, Massachusetts
I'm looking for. Downpipe for my 2g tsi fwd . I have a 2.5 exhaust , I need a 2.5 downpipe . Anyone ?

Either one works just fine. I have Apexi but it came with it when I bought it.

i agree with NordicSaab muffler shop is the way to go, a shop near me made my a 3inch dp for $100 with a flex pipe. and its easier for warranty if they offer one you can just go local

The megan and apexi start at 2.5" at the o2 housing but go to 3" , you don't want to go from 2.5" to 3" the back to 2.5" where it meets the exhaust. All the aftermarket downpipes I have seen end up at 3" to get a full 2.5" to match your exhaust you would probably have to have it made. What kind of exhaust do you have?

Just a aftermarket 2.5 idk the name I got it wit the car. Prolly a eBay one . Lol
The megan and apexi start at 2.5" at the o2 housing but go to 3" , you don't want to go from 2.5" to 3" the back to 2.5" where it meets the exhaust. All the aftermarket downpipes I have seen end up at 3" to get a full 2.5" to match your exhaust you would probably have to have it made. What kind of exhaust do you have?
after marketer[DOUBLEPOST=1407899202][/DOUBLEPOST]If I order the Meagan 2.5 it will fit tho ? I'm not gonna have to order other stuff to make it fit? I know the exhiast is 2.5

The FWD ones are usually .25 inches smaller then awd downpipes , my Apexi really only is 2.75 inches if you look up the specs since its FWD. Lol up the specs and covert mm to inches to get the real pipe size you are going to get.

I think I'm gonna go buy a muffle shop. But if I can just order the Megan and it will fit, I'll do that

If I order the Meagan 2.5 it will fit tho ? I'm not gonna have to order other stuff to make it fit? I know the exhiast is 2.5
The Megan downpipe isn't 2.5 it starts at 2.5 but will expand to 2.75 or 3" after the flex section so you will probably have to go to a muffler shop and have it modified.

Good luck OP. Custom cars central.com has some good systems and specs on them.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back