The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Downpipe suggestions??

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Norcalgsx707

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 28, 2012
lake county, California
So im looking at this Ebay Speed Daddy down pipe, it looks legit but I don't think everything is going to line up correctly. Does anyone know of a cheap down pipe that will line up,that has a O2 bung welded in and will directly bolt on to my Cat Converter?

Most ebay ones are cat deletes. You can just take it to a shop and have them shorten it to meet up to your cat. They can also weld in the O2 bung.

Btw, obd2 is the port under the dash.

Actually, no. In the description, it states it eliminates the cat and does not bolt onto the stock o2 housing.

Like I said above, get an ebay one and have a shop shorten it to make room for the cat. They can even reuse the flange on the DP. That will probably be the cheapest route, other than having a shop make you a cheap downpipe.

F*** I need to just move to a state that dont have B.S Smog laws

So no matter what I have to have the end piece cut off and re-welded to line up with the CAT unless I get lucky and find a good part out?

Or.... no cat LOL. I'm in cali too and never gotten pulled over or ref ticket. All dsmers I know here run catless. Just "dirty" smog it. Or buy a turbo back and a high flow cat.

Or.... no cat LOL. I'm in cali too and never gotten pulled over or ref ticket. All dsmers I know here run catless. Just "dirty" smog it. Or buy a turbo back and a high flow cat.

Lol your In So Cal Im up in /Hillbillyville theres like 10 cops to every person up here just living here makes you paranoid

RRE makes a "short" DP so that you can keeping your cat. They cost $230

Dont you got to modify the endpiece though to line up?

LA is worse LOL trust me. A few times a week we get random smog check points. Modified cars just aren't liked in cali overall. But as long as your exhaust isn't obnoxious or 5" tip you should be fine. I have a 3" cat delete turbo back and an o2 dump. Roll by cops like nothing LOL.

LA is worse LOL trust me. A few times a week we get random smog check points. Modified cars just aren't liked in cali overall. But as long as your exhaust isn't obnoxious or 5" tip you should be fine. I have a 3" cat delete turbo back and an o2 dump. Roll by cops like nothing LOL.

Oh no Im not down with all that but they'll straight up take your car up here if your not legit or atleast look legit,Im cool off the random smog checks and If I tried to roll by a CHP up here with a dump and a my BOV going Off it would be the end of the road for this car. I just read that Gus from RRE said that the Downpipe doesn't matter if your still on the Stock Cat

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back