The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1G Double din touch screen w navigation

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AWD-Tony

Proven Member
Sep 11, 2017
Cincinnati, Ohio
Looking for a double din touch screen with navigation, Bluetooth and backup camera. Would be nice if it had Apple play as well.

Does anyone have it installed in their 1g? If so, please let me know the model number of what you have.

Dimensions for 1g is about 7.75” width and 5” in height if I trim the bezel.

Thanks
Tony

Not sure what brand you're looking for, but all the Pioneer NEX model radios will suit your needs. Like this one. Pioneer AVH 1300 NEX (Link didn't post)
Just about all NEX models have carplay, but not all have android auto. You can even find one with a backup cam included in the kit. Although if you want to be able to watch dvds in motion you either have to do a software bypass on the radio, or go with Alpine or Kenwood as you can just ground out the parking brake wire.

Whatever you are looking for make sure it has a pop out/ tilt feature. In a 1g, viewing angles are horrible because it is so low and the face is flat. My friend is running a carputer with Link and it kinda sucks. Especially when the shifter is also in the way.

Whatever you are looking for make sure it has a pop out/ tilt feature. In a 1g, viewing angles are horrible because it is so low and the face is flat. My friend is running a carputer with Link and it kinda sucks. Especially when the shifter is also in the way.

Honestly don’t want one that folds out. I do know what you’re say though.

I found this but my gift card won’t work here (think it’s outside US). Comes w backup camera for a good price. If I can’t find one that’s comparable, I’ll just use my cc.

https://www.eonon.com/mobile/Eonon-...7-Inch-Touchscreen-Support-Bluetooth-5-0.html

Not sure what brand you're looking for, but all the Pioneer NEX model radios will suit your needs. Like this one. Pioneer AVH 1300 NEX (Link didn't post)
Just about all NEX models have carplay, but not all have android auto. You can even find one with a backup cam included in the kit. Although if you want to be able to watch dvds in motion you either have to do a software bypass on the radio, or go with Alpine or Kenwood as you can just ground out the parking brake wire.

I don’t see navigation in the 1300. I’ll check their other models.

You may want to look at https://www.crutchfield.ca/
The audio equipment you mentioned would cost a fortune with all the features you describe . You could install a lesser unit with Bluetooth and download an app to your cell phone for navigation . I`m sure at Crutchfield they could direct you to a audio system that would have Touch screen , back up camera and Bluetooth . I had a look and they dont have one with navigation so a cell phone app would work for you . Hope this information helps ..

You may want to look at https://www.crutchfield.ca/
The audio equipment you mentioned would cost a fortune with all the features you describe . You could install a lesser unit with Bluetooth and download an app to your cell phone for navigation . I`m sure at Crutchfield they could direct you to a audio system that would have Touch screen , back up camera and Bluetooth . I had a look and they dont have one with navigation so a cell phone app would work for you . Hope this information helps ..

I did check. They only had one option and I didn’t like it. Expensive also

I would stay away from any chinese android radio. They always end up laggy with issues, if you want android, I would just install an actual tablet with actual processing power for responsiveness. Otherwise, you dont need "nav" on a radio anymore if you have a smart phone. If it has carplay, you just plug your phone in via usb, and maps will be on your screen and have data access through your phone. Only reason for nav built in is if you want it built in, always about $200-400 more though. With carplay or android auto you get maps, calls, texts, music all through the headunit without touching your phone as long as it's plugged in.

That Pioneer 1300 will do everything you want, just need a backup camera, which you can buy separately on Amazon for like $15-30 or more for a nicer one. As far as Pioneer's units, just about all of them have carplay (NEX models), but not all of them have android auto.

If you're not interested in a tilting double din, then an Atoto A6 pro is great for an android based headunit and has everything you want. You just have to buy a camera. They have been out for a while now and has great reviews across multiple platforms.

Dont try to cheap out and get the cheaper version. Make sure you get the 2gb processor if you want a responsive headunit.

If you're not interested in a tilting double din, then an Atoto A6 pro is great for an android based headunit and has everything you want. You just have to buy a camera. They have been out for a while now and has great reviews across multiple platforms.

Dont try to cheap out and get the cheaper version. Make sure you get the 2gb processor if you want a responsive headunit.

I looked this up on amazon and I think I’m going with this one with a camera. Way too much info on this page and I have no clue what some of that is. Lol

ATOTO A6 Android Car Navigation Stereo with Double Bluetooth & Phone Fast Charge - PRO A6Y2721PRB-G 2GB / 32GB 2DIN In dash Entertainment Multimedia Radio,WiFi,Gesture Operation, support 256G SD &more
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Thanks for the info fellas!!

Fold outs are a no no. You have to get a tilting one, ive had one for a decade and still like it, was using it today as a matter of fact.

One that tilts would be nice. I’m going to order that one above. Thanks Rupp!

What are you guys using for install kits to mount a 7" screen like this? The Metra 99-7001 install kit doesn't seem to work for them, and I'm also not sure about the split OE radio bezel... Just trim it?

I didn’t use an install kit. Think I made my own brackets. I do need a cover for the extra space and yes, I trimmed the oe cover.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back