The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Door molding part number

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSM_GSX01

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 27, 2011
La Junta, Colorado
Yes I have been looking for a cupple days for door moldings for the left and right side of my eclipse. I have looked on Google for a part number and JNZ tuning i can not find it. the molding has a hole in it on both sides and is tore. I dont need the trim on top that cracks i have ordered new ones. I just want the part number for the molding. If you have any info or help on this thanks.:thumb:

Not sure if you are looking for the drip molding part numbers on the side of each roof, but if you are, they are part numbers:
MB881973-Driver Side
MB881974 Passenger Side
I am looking for the driver side. Do you have one you are willing to sell?

Last edited:
I had to take mine off and redo them. And im looking for the molding the window seals up on. Mine has hole in the corner of it and i don't want it leaking after i repaint the car.

Im not sure if that is it. i will go outside and take a picture of what i need.

I need this weather strip it has a hole on mine and is cracking now. I need both driver and passenger. Thanks

Attachments

• 2g weather strip.jpg
    2g weather strip.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 466
  • 2g weatherstrip 2.jpg
    2g weatherstrip 2.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 544
Yep, you are showing the upper door weatherstripping as shown in your pics. The part OEM numbers are:
MR757810 - Driver side
MR757811 - Pass side

They retail for about $51.25 ea from dealers. I purchased a set last fall for that price. I do know that these are getting hard to find. All parts for these are getting extremely hard to find new. Best of luck!

I bought mine when I was moving to Florida last year and had them shipped to me when they arrived at their location. I have used them before to order parts for my 97 Eclipse as they have always done alot of parts sales, been helpful, and are familiar with looking up and ordering parts for 95-99 Eclipses. However, you might want to start with a local Mitsubishi dealer to save money on shipping. Dealers have a part locator system and if the parts are available in thier system, the can order and receive them local to you so you don't have to pay shipping costs. I have had a difficult time getting parts/accessories the last 3 years. Apparently, parts like what you are looking for have quickly sold in the US due to the nature that the age of the parts on these cars are getting to a point of getting worn and need replaced and the tsunami that hit Japan a few years ago have wiped out Japans warehouses where these parts resided. Definitely get your parts while you can. It may be a while before vendors will see enough incentive to remanufacture highly needed items.

R.C. Hill Mitsubishi
1960 South Woodland Blvd (US HWY 17-92)
DeLand, FL 32720
parts Parts:877-700-7035

Did some more research and found the part numbers I provided to you were off. The Genuine Mitsubishi part numbers are:
MB908161 - Drivers Side
MB908162 - Pass side
They run about $80/side
This is the black foam rubber piece that you are looking for. I looked at my invoice and found the correct numbers. The numbers I provided earlier are for another piece of weatherstripping channel that runs around the door that are color matched to your interior. Sorry for the error. I had ordered these pieces together and got them crossed.

I don't know if they are still available. I ran out of time to call today to find out, but I will try tomorrow when I get a chance and tell you what I find out. Here is a link to a dealer parts search which lead me to beleive they are available.

This is a direct link to the driver side. Once there, just puch in part number MB908162 for the Passenger side.

http://www.partswebsite.com/mitsubishiparts/oemparts/mitsubishi-141/MB908161.html

This is a direct link to Cherry Hill Mitsubishi in NJ. You will also be able to find part diagrams too. If a par is not listed when you click on it, then it is probably no longer available. This has been my experience.

No update to your search, but came across this on ebay. it's the same part you are looking for. Here is a direct link to the left side up for auction. It isn't listed wit the same part number. I beleive this is a universal part number, but it is the same if you do a search on Google.

Left Driver Side Upper Door Window Weatherstrip Eclipse '95 '99 | eBay

Hope this helps

Thanks that's what i need. I have a body shop looking for them that can get them i asked on Friday i will update as soon as i know.

The local body shop here can not get these moldings. I don't know were to find them? If anybody can point me were i can it would help. I also called a local Mitsubishi Dealership and they said they cant even get them.

Yea i have seen them and i was wanting one from the dealership. I think im going to have to get one on ebay.

:D Oem is oem wether or not it comes from a dealer or ebay, I have ordered the link I sent above true OEM item great seller don't be afraid of eBay just make sure you read and ask the questions to the sellers.

Ok good to know that you ordered from there. I am just want OEM. I will be sure i ask questions to the seller about the part also.

Just checked the weatherstrip pieces for each side in the link from the above ebay post. Only a handful of these left for each side. They are offered for what the average dealer lretail prices are, but they ARE becoming hard to find through the Mitsubishi dealer part system. I don't expect these commonly sought OEM pieces to be available much longer in the near future. If your body shop can't get them through their channels, you may want to purchase them(act very soon while you know you can get them on ebay). I would ask your body shop that if you supply the Genuine Mitsubishi part, if they would install them for you.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back