The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Door locks solution??

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SNAKE_15

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 28, 2012
Bakersfield, California
I'm pretty sure most of us had problems with our door locks not working. I'm one of those and would like a definite answer on how to fix them. Mine don't work at all and it sounds that they are too weak to move back and forth when I press the button. The passenger lock from inside sometimes gets jammed too. Anyway I can fix whatever needs fixing without removing the original plastic from the inside panel.

No I just did mine a while back.u have to remove the complete door latch and open the plastic cover that holds the motor remove the gear and use jumper wires to cycle the motor back and forth without a load. Obviously if your motor don't spin it's toast and your gonna have to replace it.i don't know if anyone sells those motors seperately so u might have to buy the complete assembly.

you might wanna check out your lock and unlock relay , in a 1g there above the fuse panal drivers side by the brake and clutch not sure the exact location in the 2g but im assumeing its the same

The motors get weak over time. You can replace them with universal door lock actuators. The aftermarket actuators are usually faster and more powerful than the stock ones.
Thinking of just doing that. Anyway I can do it without removing the oem plastic or at least be able to stick it back?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back