The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

1G Door lock issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gooeytaro

Proven Member
Aug 26, 2022
Silverdale, Washington
When my doors are unlocked via key or from the inside, they switch on and off from locked to unlocked repeatedly until i manually lock it again. What causes this?

It's usually a too loose fitting or intermittent/bad door lock key cylinder switch that attaches to the end of the door lock key cylinder (I've had this problem). Does jiggling (or slightly turning) the door key aggravate it? If so, that's it.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
Well the door lock key cylinder switch may still be, and probably is, the problem (lower pic in previous post). It was for me with your symptoms. Although an intermittent short (eg. wire touching ground) would also do it.

Last edited:
It's very common for 1gs to do this from my experience. I was never able to figure out exactly what caused my issue but I once started my car in the morning before work and came back out to a running car with the doors locked. That was fun.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back