The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Dont wanna drill!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

90GSX182

20+ Year Contributor
Apr 3, 2003
Albany, New_York
I am gonna put inmy autometer gauge in on the A-pillar....but i dont know the shortest distance to the engdept without drilling....i used the sterring column boot for my EBC....is there any placs where there are harnesses...or will i have to drill....and if i do where is the easiest place....i searched the forums..to no avail:mad:

There are other boots around that you can poke the wires though., There is one that goes into the fender and then back to the engine bay i believe

There is a post up either in vfaq or one of the other DSM help sites that shows you how to route wires and stuff for your A-pillar through a rubber boot on the inside of your driver's side wheel well. You basically take off the plastic fender well and loosen the fuse box under the hood and run the wires through that boot under it and through the one in the fender well. I used this when running the lines for my boost gauge and it was way shorter than going through the steering boot. I will admit it was a little more difficult, but way worth it IMO. It keeps everything out of the way of the hot motor, the lines are shorter, and install came out cleaner than most I've seen going the other way.

Theres another place if you pull up some of the insulation on the firewall behind the brake pedal, theres a grommet where the throttle cable (i think thats what it is) passes through. Anyway theres plenty of space to cut a hole in the grommet to run a couple wires through.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back