The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Doing Timing Belt,Water Pump,Balance Shaft Elimination,Comp 272's

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpiderGST

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 13, 2011
Frisco, Texas
I was thinking of replacing the the oil pump can I just replace the oil pump gears? I was also thinking of getting the front facing oil filter housing due to my oem leaking at the moment. If I do the front facing filter housing do i need different bolts to mount it? I also have some 272 comp cams how hard is it to do these while I'm doing the timing belt? Just general questions. If you think I am missing something else that I could do while I'm in there let me know. Also was thinking of doing the 95 cam angle sensor since I have link and my ignition wires are routed differently right now because of that and want to fix this issue. What all do i need to do the cam angle sensor change?

List I have so far goes as follows(all from extreme psi):
Timing Belt Kit comes with balance shaft elimination kit(OEM Replacement Kit)
Gasket Kit(Fel-Pro Lower Crankshaft Kit)
Adjustable Cam Gears(Fidanza Black Edition)
Oil Cooler Kit(7 bolt kit)
Water Pump(Topline)

Any Suggestion will be taken seriously just want to do this once and get it done right and make sure i have all I need. Hate doing things twice. Also will that oil Cooler kit work with my oem oil filter housing bracket. If it does how do i delete the piece on the bracket for the stock cooler that the antifreeze runs through. Sorry for the novel.

My water pump is leaking at the moment and i am going to start building a motor as soon as I get done doing my suspension hopefully have the motor done by the summer time.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back