The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Does Trendy bother you as much as it does me?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

When you're DSM sucks all the money out of your pocket, and all you can worry about is the next paycheck, then I really don't care about anything other people do. But I have never gotten so pissed over something that people say I have to do, "cuz it's tradition". No... it's called trend and society, if I have to do or act someway cuz society says i have to, I will do the exact opposite. If one more kid in a grand prix pulls up to me and friends and asks "where are the races at?" i'm gonna slash their tires, and let them learn how to change a tire that night.

fads i see around here.

the frilly skirt fad - i love this fad. theres so many chicks around here that wear them. i tried to get my gf to get one but it didnt look right so i told her to put it back(she has thin waist but big hip and ass, how i like it) i hope this fad doesnt die but we all know winters coming.......

the "everyone knows paul jr and sr" fad. cmon, its like now that they stock OCC shirts in Hot Topic everywhere people act like they know american chopper/occ. yet the only bike they can name off is the "fireman" bike, which wasnt even called that, its "a tribute to our fallen heroes" bike. then i tell them i like the black widow bike and theyre like "the what bike?". and i bought occ shirts online from their site 3 years ago when it was just the 1 hour special and had not become "the series" yet. i did it cause i liked their style of shirts(i like the swords and mideavel shit they have) and it was different from the "West coast chopper/maltese" that everyone had, which brings me to the next fad......

"the west coast chopper maltese/jesse james" fad. yes jesse is by far the coolest person out there today save the rock. but when you start a conversation and people only know him from "that show on discovery where they do shit to cars" it gets annoying. they dont even know he used to build bikes for a living. they know what west coast choppers is, but they dont know that he owns it and started the business. as for the appearel, its cool but it got old quick. you knew it was over when paul walker was sportin it on 2F2F.

the "everyone get tatted" fad. one chick at my work went on vacation and got tatted, now every chick at my work had to run out and get one. that was annoying, cause after them it spread to all their freinds and such. i even thought about getting one, saying "pay up sucker" on my shoulder like jesse j has on his hand. thought is the key word here, it hasnt happened and prolly wont unless i grow some guns in my sleep.

the "everyone wants a turbo 4" fad. i never saw a turbo car in my city EVER in all my years driving and cruising. now after bashing honda after bloody honda theyre popping up everywhere. i mean aside from the new evo's and wrx's, theres like 4 1st gens now, 2 conquests and a couple rx7's i know, all of which got their cars in march/april.(we modesto turbo guys have like a link we all seem to find eachother on a friday night)

the "neon lighting" fad. now i got my undercars for my tbird before F&F came out. they cost 300 for the street glow blue lines, and i got it off jcwhitney. nobody had them at all in my town, then as soon as i stop in this one parking lot i have 5 cars asking questions on where to get them and how to install. then the next week theres 10 cars driving around with them on. little did they know it was illegal to drive with them(thus why i was parked in a lot) so they all got impounded. alot of other people have them at the "races" and i blame myself and F&F for it cause it only made it worse.

the "honduh" trend. its still going. dam this trend to hell, it has warped so many of my freinds minds. just recently my best freind traded his 1st gen awd for a 300zx n/t. then the 300zx for a 89 crx. his honda roots came back to him and he is planning to swap it and turbo. he thinks he can run 15lbs of boost on a stock block cause so many others do it. he thinks his turbo 1.5l with 170HP can take my car. he is truely beyond help. i tried to get him to come to the light by loaning him 1000 for the talon, but he soon couldnt resist the dark side. he also wants to go all motor with some juice, so naturally his ricer roots point towards a b16** with a 75 shot. itll be quick but not fast, still nothing compared to a Big T28Killer, and all the fuel and tuning you could ask for and still only run 2 grand to acieve low 13's, something his turbo crx will never see.

the "mtv sucks" trend. this is another good one. due to mtv becoming less MUSIC oriented and more TV, another channel that is shown on most home tv sets is FUSE. in the short period that i have owned direct tv/dish network, i have since blocked mtv and mtv2 cause it is no longer needed. my freinds who have never heard of this channel are now hooked on it and done with mtv. its over. mtv will just go the way of vh1.

Your either a leader or a follower.. Which is it going to be?

I myself am a trendsetta... :cool:

Most teenagers today are called TIC's..

Thats short for teenage idenity crisis... :D

I don't worry about it. Eventually, the fad will die off and other crap will be "hot"....only drawback I see to that is less jackasses to own...oh well :thumb:

leet said:
I just laugh, and thank whomever I'm confident enough in myself to where I don't have to attempt to fit in.

Just be yourself.

That's the bottom line. I'm the same way. Forget the frilly skirts and the trucker hats; I'm going to wear what I'm comfortable in regardless of whether it's "in" or not. I have a mind of my own, damnit.

Has anybody noticed a fad in POKER in their area. Poker is on 24/7 now on ESPN and other channels and i've noticed that practically my whole high school started playing poker this year since it started being televised. I've played for years with my dad and his friends but now several people I know have poker games every night and the newest fad is building your own "custom" table. Thats how it is in my area at least...

I LOVE the skirt fad holy crap. My ex-gf had a bangin body 5'1'' 95lbs C-cup and would occasionally wear those skirts holy crap almost nutted every time. New girl also has an amazing body 5'7'' 110 c-ups also rocks these skirts occasionally, shes taller and pulls it off even better :thumb: also prefer they be white :thumb: hope her bro isn't reading this LOL he has a GSX and is on talk. She has a '99 GS-T 5-speed :cool: god shes hot, and a DSMer, what a keeper. Im about to call her right now even tho im at work haha

turbo fad-
I got my DSm about 3 years ago, only one at my school, now theres 5 or 6 (well dudes that went to my school graduated now) They all saw the light because of my car and want in on the action.

trucker hat preppy phase- went to a dance club last night with the female and EVERY guy had a collared shirt and like ripped and faded jeans. Im just like uhhhh okay.... I wear the faded jeans occasionally cuz they were a gift and the ladies really do seem to like me in them. But i just wear hoodies and car shirts. I guess i kinda have my own style, faded jeans or crago khaki's with hoodies or a subtle tshit. i'll only wear ones with a logo on the breast and something big on the back. no plain backed shirts for me. Also usually wear a fitted hat, preferrably KSU ones, only fitted, im obsessed with them, prolly have 50. Also have every Kent State hat on the market really. Every time I see one I buy it :D

*edit* oh and as far as poker, i dunno about that one, not really a fad. yea its on TV all the time but all the people I know that play poker have for years, they just used to play Euchre and stuff, now play Hold'em. My dad and his buddies used to be big in to Hold 'em back in his college days i guess.

G-Unit!!!11!!1!!!one!!!

Attachments

• Gangsta01.gif
    Gangsta01.gif
    457.7 KB · Views: 247
It's wearing on my mind,
I'm speaking all my doubts aloud
You rob a dead mans grave,
Then flaunt it like you did create

If I hit bottom and everythings gone
In the great Mississippi, please drown me and run

It's digging time again,
you're nurturing the weakest trend

Those with the heart and the brain to get past this
Can spot a pathetic without even asking

#### your magazine,
and #### the long dead plastic scene
Pierce a new hole,
if Hell was "in" you'd give your soul

THE GREAT SOUTHERN TRENDKILL
That's right,

Buy it at a store,
from MTV to on the floor
You look just like a star,
it's proof you don't know who you are

If I hit bottom and everythings gone
In the great Mississippi, please drown me and run

It's bullshit time again,
you'll save the world within your trend

Those with the heart and the brain to get past this
Can spot a pathetic without even asking

Politically relieved,
you're product sold and well received
The right words spoken gold,
if I was God you'd sell your soul to...

That's right,

Pantera ;)

Like I said, the skirts look good on a select few, usually taller white chicks but I think the ones who wear them when the really shouldnt be just kills it for me.

turbolaserAWDrs said:
Has anybody noticed a fad in POKER in their area. Poker is on 24/7 now on ESPN and other channels and i've noticed that practically my whole high school started playing poker this year since it started being televised. I've played for years with my dad and his friends but now several people I know have poker games every night and the newest fad is building your own "custom" table. Thats how it is in my area at least...

We now play poker at a friend's house every thursday night, for money. Texas Hold'em. Didn't start until a couple friends saw the world championship on ESPN in the spring.

Great Song DS, I want to buy of that band's shirts!!! haha.

I'm not a trend follower or setter.
I hate clicks and make every effort to not fall into any.
Although I'm not suprised at trends or clicks.
Only one trend that really bothers me - and it's probably because I have older boys and that is the pants down around the middle of the arse.
I dont like it. Saggin is OK to a point but not as much as some people. I've seen too many guys have there pants fall down to their ankles.
:D
Somebody get me the staple gun !!!! :rolleyes:

9D9 MITSU RS said:
And T-shirts that go down to your knees?

No way. I would love to look like a 5 year old wearing my dads clothes. :mad:

Dont forget the HUGE watches. I dont think they even qualify as a watch. They are like small clocks with a wristband.

I always want to walk and and introduce myself, "Hi, Im properly fitting clothes, have we met?????"

Shifty said:
We now play poker at a friend's house every thursday night, for money. Texas Hold'em. Didn't start until a couple friends saw the world championship on ESPN in the spring.

Great Song DS, I want to buy of that band's shirts!!! haha.

i'm not saying everyone jumped into the fad, but now every kid things there a pro poker player....till i start playing with them and take their money. ;)

9d9mitsu...i HATE those pink shirts...for some reason all the girls think guys look "sexy" in them...my ex g/f BEGGGGED me to wear a pink shirt and i said f-that. now shes w/ a ###got that has a pink shirt that she cheated on me with. :rolleyes: don't think it was the pink shirt that did it though LOL

Thomas91169 said:
the "mtv sucks" trend. this is another good one. due to mtv becoming less MUSIC oriented and more TV, another channel that is shown on most home tv sets is FUSE. in the short period that i have owned direct tv/dish network, i have since blocked mtv and mtv2 cause it is no longer needed. my freinds who have never heard of this channel are now hooked on it and done with mtv. its over. mtv will just go the way of vh1.

MTV does suck. I watch TV for entertaining programs, and MTV doesn't have any of those, so I don't watch it. I don't know WTF FUSE is though. :confused: I don't even watch tv for music, so I guess I won't be taking part in the FUSE trend anytime soon.

The poker trend? There are sooo many kids in my dorm that "play hold-em," and they all suck! They're down on the 2nd floor lounge every night, all night long. I don't even play myself, but I told my friend about them (he can actually play, and has been doing so for years), so he went down and robbed them blind. My RA even made 400 bucks off of them one night. There's this one girl that plays down there, and she has no clue what she's doing. Apparently she goes to the ATM, takes out 100-200 dollars, loses it all, goes back to the ATM, and keeps doing this. 3-4 times a night! She just wants to tell all her friends that she plays poker with the guys. :rolleyes:

One thing nobody's mentioned, is the excessive use of the word "son," especially by frat guys.

"I tell ya son, you'll get your ass kicked."
"I represent, son!"
"Back down, son, you'll get your ass beat."
"SON!"

You'd think it's the only insult they can come up with. :laugh:

yeah, it's even worse when they flip up the collar and roll up the sleeves. They look about as tough as those guys on queer eye 4 the straight guy. :laugh:

Pink shirts don't bother me. It's when they have pink shirts, shoes, socks, laces, etc. Pink is a huge fad here. I hate it. :p

We go to the mall and count the # of people we see wearing oversized shirts. Kids that couldn't fill a medium, but wear a big and tall 4x. :confused:

i agree with all of you and thank you for showing me others despise the ken howard (aka von dutch) fad as much as i!!!! they dont know! damn it! when i got my flying eye ball tattoo about a year ago i was living in germany at the time (wich i still do) i had no idea that some little money gruby son of a crap pick up on something someone made about 40 years ago..... and has no idea of how he got the name. erg.... i guess the only thing ive got left for me is the fact that my rat fink tattoo still hasnt been bought by hot crapick! now ive got all the fat paris hilton cult members ask me if i like the clothing.(<---insert some slap ahoe tribe here!) next thing you know their gona take the haloed dukes of hazard from us.... hell they took the john deere trucker hats from us. erg... whats next pinstriping? which ive got some of that tattood on me also. but unlike said above mine are not tattoo of the week. but im not going to talk about that.... sory i had to get that off my chest :mad:

yea that pick shirt shit is so ####ing ### :barf: last school year there was a group of about 5 kids that would all come to school wearing all pink. me and my friends where walking down the hall and i said it loud and clear wow look at those ###s, they where just like ur the ###, but hey look what ur wearing. im not a homofob but i just hate people who think there the shit cuz there following a trend :thumbdown

Corduroy-it was embarassing to wear them when I was growing up, all the sudden it's cool for those pants to be "fwip, fwiping" as your walking.
I remember when wearing flannel got you nowhere, hello 90's and flannel's cool :thumbdown
Driving Trucks got you labeled as a redneck, then one day everyone's got one and it's cool.
As far as dressing now I dress the way I've always dressed, comfortably for me. Baggy pants and t shirts. Shorts and a tshirt. I only wear shoes when I absolutley have to, if I can get away with it flip flops.
I tell my kids to dress however they want unless it's tacky(sweater with shorts.....etc.)
Trends suck especially if they don't know what the #### the trend is or when or where it came from.
MTV is the source of all evil as it pollutes the minds of our youth, feeding them what is "supposed"to be cool. I feel bad for parents who actually succumb to the financial pit that is fads. I pray I am not going to be one(I try to be mindful of my kids needs ie. giving them what they need to succeed, I'll even go as far as providing something that will prevent my kids frombeing singled out and picked on but we have to cut it off somewhere)

I have notcied a trend, I've had my eclipse since last year but my parents have owned it since 98. The neighborhood I'm in the car has been here for 3 years, all the sudden there are 4 2g red gs's and they all look just like mine :thumbdown

Actually, I've found knocking on trends is a trend, too. It's in there with the "OMG LUK AT MI I R TEH PUNK!!11one" trend.

I have to laugh at some people on here, though.

"Those guys who wear the shirts with flipped up collars and rolled up sleeves look about as tough as the guys on queer eye."

Well, Lumberjack Dan, some of us don't care if we look "tough". Some of us like being fashionable. If I cared about looking tough, I wouldn't shave and I'd wrestle sharks for a living.

Thomas91169 said:

MTV has sucked for a very long time, I don't know why people ever considered it good. Then they brought out MTV2 which was music all the time, now they show stupid shows on MTV2 as well. My sister was all "FUSE is sooooooo awesome", and I just said "What the [explicative] is FUSE?" She went on to tell me how it's some new "super cool" music channel.

Hondas aren't as much of a fad, but you do see the occasional guy who thinks he's tough. Hell, my brother pulled up next to a guy with a lowered Civic (looked like a ~94) with a black hood so it would look like he had carbon fiber. Well, the civic thought my brother was trying to challenge him (in a Oldsmobile Eighty Eight ... idiot ...). My brother didn't even try and easily kept up with the Civic in a car that weighs almost 1000 lbs more, and has nearly 3x the displacement (3.8L V6) :D.

And sometimes I'll get bored around the house and fold my collars up. But if I go anywhere, I fold 'em back down.

I've never seen this skirts that you're talking about though. I hope some chicks when I go back to college are wearing them.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back