The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

does this mod work?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
looks like one of the electric blowers that are commenly discused on these forums. some people say they are garbage some say they arent. try it and tell us what you think.

GARBAGE, my buddy put it on his altima, works for a while, but after a while the air in there doesn't flow through. It messed up his 02 sensor to the point where his car wouldn't start. He took the blower off, tossed it in the trash, bought a new 02 sensor, and everything was everything again.

I can see how they would fail (after doing ALOT AND ALOT of damn research into them myself) yet i fail to see how they can kill an o2 sensor...

Explanation?

I don't have the best explanation, this is what my friend told me. something about the blade only working half the time, and causing the air to do some weird things. I'm not sure if he actually needed a new 02 sensor (he tells me now) but that once he took the blower offf, his thing worked fine. I think it was choking the air due to turbulence in the fan. But thats just a guess.

BigRand said:
I think it was choking the air due to turbulence in the fan. But thats just a guess.

Thats proably the most common problem with them. Though technically the premise is sound, the actual execution of the concept is invariably flawed. The ammount of power that would be needed to spin the blades is extremly high, thus the blades and the motor would need to be cast of something of strength enough to take the foces exerted on them. Now, i believe most of these blowers have PLASTIC fan blades, and the metal ones are shoddy and unbalanced.

Thus, disruption of airflow and the high proabality of the fans actually causing a DECRESE in perfromance by its being a blockage to proper airflow due to its inability to perform as it would need to.

An electric blower fan COULD technically work, and give one gains. But they would need to be specially engineered, manufactured, tested and track proven, and then the powersupply issue worked out. Assuming it was all done as such, then cool an electric blower. However, after all is said and done the -price- for such a device would proably be on par with that of a stage 1 turbo system, since the company has to recoup the losses for its development!

(EDIT) i have a thread a few months back about just this, im sure Defiant rembers that one :p and having tested a few im going to say from personal experience that they SUCK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back