The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Does this look like a working IAC valve to you guys

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Talon Cooke

Proven Member
Jan 27, 2020
Winnipeg, MB_Canada
Just got my used throttle body in. Been having idle issues such as high throttle and sometimes stalling or almost stalling after I Rev it up. Also it's just been very inconsistent.

So I took off the IAC off of my new (to me) TB and put it in. After this I thought I would test the old one to see if was indeed the problem. As you can see in the video it still moves, so I'm not sure if it was broken or not. It was very very dirty when I took it out.

I can't start my car yet to check the idle as I'm about to change the slave cylinder.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Dude I was worried because you haven't replied back to your original thread and I really wanted to see how you'd get along, but looks like you're still on it!

I'd like to point out that, even though the ISC plunger is clearly moving back and forth, it's still not a 100% guarantee it's moving within the right ranges. Additionally, and this is from personal experience, the ISC's coils might have within-spec resistance of between 28-32 ohms when cold, but once the car has ran up to operating temp and all the heat has also gone into the aluminium body of the ISC, the internal temperature raises within the ISC, causing the coils to become hotter, and as we all know, hotter wires means increased resistance. So much so that on a unit which measured 30 ohms when cold, it measured 36-37 ohms when hot, which is out of spec, and made it misbehave. That's why I always suggest people test their ISCs on a hot motor.

P.S I'd suggest you update your original "I broke my car" thread so we can look over everything you're doing and get better track of things.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back