The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrackedDSM

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 17, 2009
Pensacola, Florida
Hey guys, I bought this ECU recently and it's got some...sketchy..repairs. I've done a little soldering and a tiny bit of stuff like that, so I know a little about what I'm looking at. However, I'm not a pro or an expert. That's where you guys come in.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

In your expert and experienced opinion, how does this look? I tried to take good pictures, but I put it under a microscope and the copper pads under the capacitors are in tact/not torn, and the solder doesn't bridge the two copper pads. But there's some rtv like material on top of the bottom most capacitor, and the board is just generally dirty. Regardless, any red flags? Any damage I'm completely missing?

The socket looks okay too. I'm trying to get a local to test the ECU but it's hard. No one has a running DSM anymore.

And as a final question, what the hell thread pitch/size are the screws for the ECU case? I searched and searched, got very specific too, and found nothing. I'm guessing M4-1.00 x something. They looked like they were loctite'd in, and were stripped to hell and back so bad it actually bent the case/cover. Ridiculous.

And if anyone here is the person I bought the ECU from on eBay, message me.

M4 x 0.7 x 6

Philips head with 10mm flange that is ~0.5mm thick.

You’ll need someone more familiar with electrical than me to help with the board.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back