The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

2G Does my clutch fork look ok? Video included

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dylan0123

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 1, 2010
a, Illinois
Does my clutch fork look ok? I bought it new last year and it has about 20k miles on it
Is it supposed to have this much play in it while it's attached to the pivot ball?
It stays attached to the pivot ball and it's actually a little tough to pull it off.
Is it supposed to move around so much on there?
Are those 2 little spring fingers on the fork stretched out more than they're supposed to be?

I'm about to install the transmission tonight and I need to know if this looks normal.

I installed new axle seals, a new throwout bearing, a new spring clip to hold it together, a new slave and master cylinder, new clutch and pressure plate but I thought I wouldn't need a clutch fork so I didn't get a new one.

Here's some videos:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
The guy you really want to hear from is Tim Zimmer, Twicks69. Having said that, and at risk of him embarrassing me, I'll still have a go at it. ;)
A little play in that clip that holds the fork to the ball is normal. Mine have all been like that and I've been through 3 or 4 of them, hasn't fallen off yet. The clip that holds onto the pivot ball works together with the clip on the TOB. That, and the pressure from the slave rod should keep things in line. Granted, the more you play with it the looser it will be.

Tim might chime in but I know hes pretty busy recently with some pretty big projects. But nothing looks off to me here. Just make sure your adjustments are all within spec upon getting it all back together. Did you have the flywheel resurfaced? If not you may have troubles getting the clutch adjusted properly. If you cant get right you'll have to pull the trans back out and have it done.

Good to go, I have 600 miles on it now and everything seems to be ok. This Competition Clutch Stage 2 kit is kind of noisy but its shifting like butter and holding power so far (i've only shifted at 4k rpm a few times). Seems to make some chatter noises on decel, i hope that's normal but other than that it's doing good.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back