The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Does it scare you?

Does it scare you?

• im scared schitliss

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • i dont give a flying f**k

Votes: 47 94.0%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdrenilineCrash

20+ Year Contributor
Nov 9, 2002
Travis AFB, California
so does the crackdown on music sharing scare you? are you afraid? do cautiously download or are you flagrantly downloading everything that you can? or do you even care? do you think they wont even find me, there are over 8 million members of kazaa and more in other music sharing engines? what do you feel? are you living at home and using your parents internet? what would they say if you got them fined for using their internet for you fun? think about it...

-mike:talon:

Im out of cds and too lazy to go buy some more, so even If I wanted to burn some more songs I couldnt.

They dont know their asses from a hole in the ground.

I dunno. Have you seen that commercial to stop piracy (regarding movies, not music specifically)? Well, it kinda put it in a different light for me. I am persuing firefighter/emt for a career, but my "out of my hands" dream job is being an actor in films. Anyway, don't hassle me, but after seeing this commercial, I realized that granted they make a butt load of money, but with all of the people involved, even the scraping every penny extras can get ripped off b/c of piracy. I don't know, it just gave me a different perspective. Think about it, if hundreds, if not thousands, of people work together to make a product and only 1 person buys it and the rest copy it, the amount it took to make the product far exceeds the amount made from the product.

Anyway, sorry so long.

Not worried at all. There's millions & millions (if not in the hundred-millions) of people round the world downloading from kazaa & other programs. They gonna fine or arrest all of them? Also more than 1 person lives in a house, usually. How are they gonna know who to fine/arrest if there's like 5 guys/girls living together in a house or something?

Haven't spent a dime on shrink-wrapped pop culture in a very long time. Search the Internet, there's plenty of stuff available that your local record store won't ever stock. And you won't be called a thief for downloading it.

If I really want to hear the "latest trends" as fed to me by the RIAA, there's always a radio around somewhere. But I'm finding myself tuned into that less and less.

So, I guess my poll answer is no, I'm not scared. The music industry should be, though, because I'm not the only one who is tired of the same regurgitated crap over and over. The "I don't give a fsck" answer means I truly don't care, because I'm not downloading their music, and I'm not buying it either.

I've heard that Kazaa lite is safe. i have reg. kazaa and I tried to download a few new songs last week. The whole middle section of the song was static. That kinda freaked me out, so I stopped and haven't tried it again since.

none of the kazaa "lite/diet/extra f*cking weight loss" are safe. All they do is prevent you from d/ling from a list of IP adresses that are known to be run by the RIAA to catch downloaders. Well, to fight back, the RIAA just hired out a bunch of private IP's to upload + track theft. No matter how much they update the list, there will always be new ones.

When I get to college I'll be part of a large network, and people set up systems so nobody off campus can access it. In theory its a lot safer than P2P sharing... hope it works. Sorry about length.

I think it is 98% bull shit.

And if it IS for real which i doubt. Do you have any idea how many hackers would take these guys to school?

Besides it can be argued both ways both haveing good points.

So Todd was on Mountain Air, and in an interview he said, "Well, I was involved in some interactive TV project about ten years ago, so we went to the labels and tried to get them to put their product on servers and sell it that way. But they didn't understand- the industry's usually about ten years behind reality anyway -and they said 'No'. So now, everyone's doing it instead, and for free." And then he gave his odd little smart-ass smirk, with a tinge of wistfulness in his eyes.

What anyone gets is seldom far from what they deserve.

Well all I have to say is even if they take down Kazaa (Lite, Diet, W/e), and start crackin down on file sharing, something new will come out in its place with newer methods and technology. Just like Kazaa replaced Napster.

arent they only searching for people with large libraries or are they just picking 700 random members no matter how much they download?

They're basically going after the people who have huge collections and are being downloaded heavily from. There's no way they're gonna get the people who just casually download songs weekly or so, because there are over millions.

Use Direct Connect by NeoModus. They'll never be able to shut all those hubs down:thumb:

Originally posted by bosljeff
I dunno. Have you seen that commercial to stop piracy (regarding movies, not music specifically)? Well, it kinda put it in a different light for me. I am persuing firefighter/emt for a career, but my "out of my hands" dream job is being an actor in films. Anyway, don't hassle me, but after seeing this commercial, I realized that granted they make a butt load of money, but with all of the people involved, even the scraping every penny extras can get ripped off b/c of piracy. I don't know, it just gave me a different perspective. Think about it, if hundreds, if not thousands, of people work together to make a product and only 1 person buys it and the rest copy it, the amount it took to make the product far exceeds the amount made from the product.

Anyway, sorry so long.

Another Steve Buscemi!!! (he was a firefighter with FDNY before becoming an actor)

Anyway, I could really give a #### less about them cracking down, cuz I don't download copywritten music. Go to MP3 dot com and get some good music for free. a bunch of independents tryin to get their music out, and there's a lot of good ones.

Originally posted by 90talon_Casum
I don't think they would waiste there time on 1 person or a family or w/e . they would prolly go after kazaa it self or somethin...

they catn go after kazaa itself cause it is not server based like napster. its all as far as i can tell totoally peer to peer which mean they have to find some way of infecting the program or just take out the biggest people.

-mike:talon:

I think if you are a student living on a campus and downloading, then you are a bigger risk. I could give a rats a$$ about the whole thing. I haven't paid money for a CD in years... Seriously, it costs them $0.86 to make and they sell them for $15-18! They deserve to to get ripped off.

Originally posted by DCsGST
I think if you are a student living on a campus and downloading, then you are a bigger risk. I could give a rats a$$ about the whole thing. I haven't paid money for a CD in years... Seriously, it costs them $0.86 to make and they sell them for $15-18! They deserve to to get ripped off.

God forbid some one is in bussiness to make money you tool.

They arent spending there time & money to do you a favor.

Its a company, Companys base their income off making a profit, not breaking even. :rolleyes:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back