The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Does anyone know the magical position to dummy o2 sensor?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skapegoat

Proven Member
Dec 4, 2012
gering, Nebraska
Awhile ago I straight piped my 95 awd and it has been trowing check engine light. I got a new o2 and am going to install it outside of the exhaust stream to sens correctly but I don't know how far out to mount it. I used 2.5" exhaust tubing, has anyone successfully done this?

I have used spark plug anti foulers for this. If you stack two of them together and pack some steel wool in the bottom one it should work! Hope this helps

Wrap the O2 in tin foil and zip tie it up to the body of the car. All its looking for is a difference in the readings between the front and rear sensor. I never had an issue doing this.

i used the spark plug non foulers on my old cavalier...just take one and drill it to 1/2 inch and to sensor will fit right in and put the undrilled one on that... never once threw a light had it that way for 3 years..

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back