The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

does anyone have the buschur shortblock?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HBM4G63

20+ Year Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
IllinoisUS
When i bought my car it had a blown engine. I had a guy put in a engine, but it turnss out that it was an automatic engine and I am have so many problems with it. I am looking at droping in the buschur shortblock - stage3 with a stage 3 buschur head. Also the br-57 and a fmic. Also hks 272 cams and act 2600lb clutch with a fildanza flywheel. IS that a good setup? I want the idleing problem, backfire at high boost to go away.

sounds like a good setup

but your idleing and backfiring problems have to do with your fuel and tuning.

Not your engine components

if your going to drive it daily i wouldnt go with 272/272. maybe 264/272

The guys at my shop are tring to figure it out. I go to AMS, but money is slow right now. Also i want a 10 sec daily driver. I know it can be done. i think that i am going to go with the 264/272 cams. I have no clue what is wrong with my car. I am going to take it back to AMS soon and have then check the wiring and stuff. i just want my car running correctly.

A 10 sec daily driver is not easy to do. You had better do alot more studying! You are going to have alot of tuning ahead of you and alot of problems to diagnose. It can be done, but you really need to know what you are doing.

I figured out what it is and I tried fixing it. I could not so i took it to AutoMotoSports in arlington heights, il....and they cant fix it either. So why the pity pity. I found the problem, but i could not figure out what is going on. Since you sound like you know alot....tell me how can i fix the problem with backfire under boost?

LOL, this is great...good luck with that 10 second car buddy....Better yet, good luck with that 15 second car...

im assuming u have a 2nd gen? there was a vfaq around about spending a SH1T load of money on a Standalone...or spending a few bucks at radioshack to fix it..a guy of dsmhi knows it hawaii.dsm.org post up in the general forum and post for J-me or his dad John...do a bit of searching..im sorry i cant help anymore but yeah...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back