The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Does anyone even have a camber kit??

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dylan

it seems like when ppl post what they have, i never see a camber kit, does this mean that they dont have it, or is it just a given...

What do i need for a camber kit? or can i just get it allined..some one help me...this is jsut sad.

i have a rear camber kit (1.2" drop) - it cost me about $3.00 in washers and $40.00 in bolts from a 'camber kit' i got online somewhere or other. if i'd known - i would have researched the bolts and figured out where to buy them and put the kit together for most likely $20.00 or less - live and learn. the 'kit' i got was really a POS and i had to use the washers because the 'spacers' that they were attempting to use were nothing more than a piece of metal tube cut up (very badly) into little sections to space out the rear suspension mounts - i was NOT going to use something that flimsy and that poorly made.

unfortunately i think that most people that drop their car don't do it right (or i'm just reading like you and seeing that not many people have camber kits - but of course i don't list mine either...)

setting the camber is actually really important if you dont want to eat up the inside of yer tires, but there is no need to buy the kit.. just longer bolts and washers.. I cant find the install right now but I know i got it layin around somewhere

Originally posted by RACER-X
i dont its un necessary and a waste of money

How can you say it is un necessary??? I lowered my car 1.3" and with-in 10k miles my tires were bald on the inside. AND yeah I know that tow also causes the same things, but the tow was good, camber was out. And without any adjustment points you NEED a kit.

But back on subject. I have a specialty products kit in the front and my camber is right on the outside limitation. I was going to buy the ingalls for more adjustment in the front but heard that they do not fit properly without banging out around the strut tower. For the back I have the ingalls kit. I intially just did the bolt and washer thing but it just didn't feel right and plus was a pain in the arse to get aligned in the rear. The mechanic did not want to disconnect everything to make adjustments. Plus you would have to keep washers with you if you wanted to add. Plus I have more peace of mind with a manufactured kit rather than a hardware store special.

OK heres what I've gotten so far.........

Ingalls or Specialty Products.....

Ingalls: Front: 3577: +1.25 to +3 = $74.24 @ Gmperformance.com
SP: Front: ????: +1.75 to +3.25 = $61.00 @ Nopionline.com

Ingalls: Rear: 3586: -1 to +3 = $42.89 @ Gmperformance.com
SP: Rear: ????: -75 to +1.5 = $38.00 @ Nopionline.com

Gm and Nopi are cheaper than Mach V and Extreme!

I chose the most adjsutable rear kits from both. All the rear kits I've seen so far are exactly the same, Ingalls has two BUT these are the same they just added washers to their own kit.
So pricing is the winner on the REAR,......SP and just add washers if you need more than +1.5 of camber !!!

The Front kits are VERY similar between Ingalls and SP with minute differences in the degree of adjustment, -/+.25
I personally think SP's looks nicer and it..... again is cheaper, SP !!!

Thanks for bringing SP into the picture for me looks like a soild product so far.......

So going SP over Ingalls saves me around $25 on the front and $3 on the rear for a total of $31+ of savings......hehe...... so now I have the shipping money for SP .....

Front: $122
Rear: $76
Total: $198
Shipping: blahblahblah

Whole thing camber out for under.....what....$250 shipped, not bad !!! and their not hard to install yourself.

Anal aren't I.......but I like to know these things fully out !!!

well while you guy are spending all that money mine is in the bank where i like it; not to say it's not money well spent; however, i have a 2.25 in drop with my sportlines and tokico's maybe a little lower, and all i did was get an alignment, correct toe end, balance and rotate tires every 3000 miles, and check tire pressure every month. i've been using the same tires for 2yrs and they do need replacing; however there is only about a 10% difference on the inside tire wall as opposed to the outside tire wall and its the same for all four tires. well at least it would be a un necessary expence for me to get a camber kit unless i just wanted a 0 camber look (which i don't).

I just have the rear adjusting bolt out as far as possible. the front of my car is fine and the rear is ever so slightly pulled in on the top. Barely noticeable. Got an alignment done and the car is fine without any abnormal wear on the tires. This is on my 1G with Eibach Pro Kit and AGX shocks.

I know people who had to get the front and rear camber kit with th same setup as me, so I guess every car can be different. I also know people who got the front kit and rear arms just to be complete and have a better look and peice of mind. All depends on how hardcore you are.

SP: Front: 076/1376: +1.75 to +3.25 = $61.00 @ Nopionline.com

Well thas it for me........Specialty Products !!!!! is the winner.

$70 shipped one front camber kit........The End !!! or actually the begining. Baby steps.....tomorrow maybe the other front camber kit, tomorrow's $$$$$$$$ day.

I don't mean to rain on your parade. But that is the style kit I was talking about before where you have to hammer out your strut area. Sometimes that style kit is so extreme that it makes the upper "A" arm hit the fender well even at it's lowest settings. I have the SP kit but it is the offset bushings only that you press into you stock "A" arm mounts.

Are you sure you needed THAT MUCH correction?

I hope these work for you. Good Luck

Thanks.......now you tell me.........

I guess I'll find out.....

Extreme sells the same type camber with the exact same adjustment +1.75 to +3.25.......

It's said that the style you have " off set bushings" need to be removed with a press? sound right.

gstspeedracer, i already emailed you about his but i gotta say it again, your car is so tight. those rims are definetly doin it for me. thats what ive been wanting to do ever since a few months ago when i saw a red eclipse show car in a super street , red w/those rims.

oooooaaaaaaggghhh <-------me oogling.

anyway, so wait if i just get longer bolts with a washer i can adjust camber? just makes it more adjustable right?

wait i just have to do that to the rear end? thatrs great. thanks for your help.

You may get lucky.

Yes, The set I have only correct up to a degree and not that that have to be put in by a press but the stock ones have to be removed by a press. What I was saying about hitting was, if you look in your pic... you are replacing the non adjustable anchors... when you make you adjustments after you put the new anchors in... this will pull the vertical piece either in wich would make the top of your tire in... and make your camber worse, or push it out, wich you need. in SOME case they say when it is adjusted out, the vertical bar will hit the inside of you federwell. The out board side of the upper "A" arm will hit.

Are you following me. I am not sying this WILL happen to you. I am saying it COULD. I know mine just with the offset bushing itself. The upper "A" arm is only about .025"

Once it's in place......

I was quite curious as to how you would adjust it, not a lot of room in there. I guess I'll find out, I hate being a guinie pig.....but it seems no one really knows. Which is hard to believe since theres so many cars dropped. Oh well, it wouldn't be the first time I wasted money...but I'll be P I S S E D if it doesn't work. Cause for the amount they cost I could have already had it installed.

Thanks.

How could you know until you drop it....
I don't know if you know but my pic is a photo chop.
I have the H&R Race springs and Koni Yellow Adjustables are in my possesion now but they are not installed yet, I just wanted to put everything on at once.

Ok, then how can you order a camber kit until you drop it. There are different corrections. You need to lower it. Then take it to get aligned and then see how mucg correction your need. Right now the way I understand it you orderend a kit that starts at +1.75. what if you only need to correct +.03. then this kit will give you to much positive camber wich is just as bad.

Lower it first and get the sheet to see if your out of camber. then order your kit accordingly.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back