The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Does anyone else notice some of the older members don't post much anymore?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

My point is that once people start following the rules you will see.

1. Less locked threads because they won't even be started.
2. We will lighten up once we see people can follow the rules and stop flaming.

i definately see you point and i value your opinions as well.

sometimes a lil bending of the rules might work. like i said, i love this site. i want to work towards a better dsmtuners as well. it will be interesting to see what direction the site goes tho.

I still post here alot, i did however take a break for a few weeks. I post alot more in other forums rather than the hangout now, everything i used to post in turned into a flame thread :laugh:

I took a break from posting so much in the hangout to see how people would act. So many times I wanted to put people in their places or add my .02 to a thread, but I knew many times, it would just start a flame war, so I resisted.

You can still joke and bs in the hangout and FOLLOW THE RULES while you do it. Believe me, I've never knowingly broken any rule of the site, but I still had lots of fun and learned lots. There are ways to discuss things in a car forum, and ways not to, everyone just has to learn. That's hard when you have newbies coming all the time, but I think they'll get it when their threads start getting locked and their posts get reported to mods.

Originally posted by afox50x
I took a break from posting so much in the hangout to see how people would act. So many times I wanted to put people in their places or add my .02 to a thread, but I knew many times, it would just start a flame war, so I resisted.

You can still joke and bs in the hangout and FOLLOW THE RULES while you do it. Believe me, I've never knowingly broken any rule of the site, but I still had lots of fun and learned lots. There are ways to discuss things in a car forum, and ways not to, everyone just has to learn. That's hard when you have newbies coming all the time, but I think they'll get it when their threads start getting locked and their posts get reported to mods.

:thumb:

I still post here quite a bit. It's just well...Sometimes you like to broaden your horizens a little. I used to only post here & www.automotiveforums.com
Now I post here,
www.dsmtalk.com
www.camaroz28.com
& www.nohomers.com
I feel being a member on all these sites & posting on them gives me my daily dose of all the things I love. but when you have a full-time job you end up only making about 25 posts a day. Instead of all of those here, I like to spread them out.
But about all the locked threads on the front page, every one of them deserved to be locked. I personally think having the extra mods are going to help this site become better in many ways. We begged & begged for a hangout mod...now we have one & some are complaining?! Get a clue.

There's a simple answer to this question that doesn't require any finger pointing...

People get bored.

Communities will always have new members coming in and older members leaving. Some will just be looking for a new forum, others will get tired of DSMs altogether. It's a cycle. Many of the veteran DSMers that don't need many questions answered will answer tech questions themselves, and participate in the Hangout for entertainment. Some of them will tire of the same questions and the Hangout may become less entertaining after awhile, and they'll move on to something else - it happens.

All I can do is continue to try and make sure we're delivering on our promise to have an informative, helpful, and friendly site for DSM performance enthusiasts to visit. I don't think the site is going downhill. I don't even really think the Hangout is going downhill. It's simply changing because of the constant stream of new members and new personalities.

There will be those who long for the days when we were only 5,000 members deep, and they were content with the members who were active at that time. Unfortunately, the site will continue to grow, and things will constantly change. Hopefully many members will continue to voice their opinions to keep this place growing in the right direction. If you don't like something or have a suggestion, send me an email and tell me about it. I may be able to fix it, I may not. But we don't know what needs fixing if nobody says anything.

The number one thing you can do to ensure this site continues its upward trend is keep a positive attitude and be respectful of everyone else.

Wow.
djpast, I have only locked things that, as John says, were turning into "ricey this" or "flame this guy" or "lets see hos"....please, if you feel I did somthing errantly, report MY post. It works for mods, too. I will not lock things I simply don't like.....that would be internet communism. I lock things according to the rules set forth by Chris and the other "elders" (for lack of a better word). Again,please let me, or any other mod, know if you feel something was unjustly locked. ;)
aFox50x, I think you are right on in the second paragraph.

hey i just saw this now, and i think it would be approprite for me to say something.

Yes this is an awesome community, and chris worded it perfectly, but there are somethings that have changed in the site that alot of people dont agree with, but yet are too afriad to discuss it. When i have a problem or concern, i post it.
DjPhast summed it up in small words

Its the internet, get used to it

that is all...

I simply browse the hangout. If there is a topic that I'd like to comment on, I'll reply. However, gone are the days where I flamed everything on the internet. It's time to share information, and learn new information. That's what the forums are for, right? :confused:

I'm still alive and kickin'...

I read a lot, but usually avoid posting much. I'm more involved with local DSM community now and I'm preparing several VFAQ articles, including SAFC-II install for 1Gs.

I'm still sore about the "Any Christians Here" thread getting locked.:rolleyes:

Just Kidding

I think there has just been too much complaining going on here lately. I have enjoyed some of the other forums lately, but the hangout has become a complaint section lately.

I don't think the site is going downhill, just changing, like others have said.

btw Kris, Do you in any way make money at this, or just do this as a service and benifit from the community and the information? Do any of the mods?

No money made...just something to do in downtime to TRY and make this a little more organized and friendly :)

Thanks for responding LandoAWD. I thought I killed another thread.

I didn't think anyone was running this site to make a living (or just support their DSM habbit).

I want to take a second to thank Kris and the mods for their time and effort in making the site what it is and trying to keep it going the right direction.

A BIG :thumb: TO Y'ALL.

i came to dsmtuners a year ago knowing nothing about the dsm do's and dont's. i had always owned V8's and hondas. i came here with the intention of getting a full body kit, 19's, and an aluminum wing. after 2 days of reading threads and posting a little, i soon found that things like that dont go over well in the dsm community. i also learned the do's and dont's of non-turbo performance. i'll admit that for the first few months i was a post whore, but i learned so much about these cars in a very short period of time. ive been flamed, called a noobie, called a post whore, and slammed for not having turbo..but sometimes thats what it takes to see the truth. i dont post much here anymore, but i still read though all the threads at least 3 times a week. i have no prob with the mods cleaning up all the mindless bs in the hangout. maybee they can make room for the stuff that people actually want to read.

Originally posted by jb talons

I think there has just been too much complaining going on here lately. I have enjoyed some of the other forums lately, but the hangout has become a complaint section lately.

I don't think the site is going downhill, just changing, like others have said.

tru.... its just a changing period... i think since the new changes things are definatly on the upswing.:thumb:

hey wait i still post alot , i am kinda oldie here , LOL , but hey did anyone else notice the naked girl on the hood of FourG63 97GST sig pic?

Originally posted by natef420
i came here with the intention of getting a full body kit, 19's, and an aluminum wing. after 2 days of reading threads and posting a little, i soon found that things like that dont go over well in the dsm community.
Hehe...I noticed that, too. But I still didn't care. In fact, I still wouldn't mind some 19s, a bodykit, & a custom interior but teh 7-11 don't pay me enough for all that.:(
I got some grahfixs in the mail today though. Seriously. :|

no we are still here, its just that most of us (and yes i should be included since i was in the top 10 for about a year) have been posting in other forums. it was kinda going down hill here in the hangout. it got to me after a while and for about 2 to 3 months i actually never turned my computer on. reciently i started posting again and the burn out of being here is gone. so yes we are still around it's not as crazy as it used to be here in the hangout, and most of us post whores have calmed down quite a bit as well.

Originally posted by Ludachris
Some of them will tire of the same questions and the Hangout may become less entertaining after awhile, and they'll move on to something else - it happens.

Chris hit it on the head. I am still here but gone are the days where I feel like reading and answering every thread. I just browse the boards now. Maybe my interest has diminished, who knows.

What about me? I used to be 1st in posting (aside from LarryD), things just changed here. Everyone turned most threads into a "knoob" or "newb" name calling fest, and it just lost its fun.

I dunno, maybe I just don't feel the same way others do... Its just not fun anymore.

there is nothing wrong with newb's here, thats what its for! i remember getting on here and L2R answered SOOOOOOOOO many of my questions about these cars that even i felt bad for asking questons so i kinda quit talking to him cause i got so intense in trying to learn moe that i know he had to of lost his cool a few times yet he still gae me an answer to ALLLLLLLLL my questions. he is probably the one person who kept me into this an now candela is helping me out alot but he is parting out his car :( . OOOOO, can't forget GSX4LIFE, he was also a big influence in my modding experiance which i'm REALLY thankfull for

all in all, thank you guys for being SOOOOO nice to ppl that were newb's (actually i still am :p ) and answering our questions,

mike chapman

BTW- the hangout turned REALLY sour when cucumber and silvergs left and i still think cuc should be a mod again :D

I think DSMTuners is going through a mild "mid life crisis" but things are getting better and people are adjusting.........slowly.....

red91tsiawd- give me my name back you bastard!! I'm mike chapman too :thumb:

Originally posted by larryd

Chris hit it on the head. I am still here but gone are the days where I feel like reading and answering every thread. I just browse the boards now. Maybe my interest has diminished, who knows.

Larry, your sig is against the rules. What kind of an example are you setting ? :D

As far as DSM 'mid-life crisis', From my personal experience, there is this time, when you no longer find joy in bolt-ons, but not yet ready to get REALY down and dirty, so your interest for a car derops of a bit fot a while.

I had that few month ago, and now i'm in my 'second stage' of DSM syndrop, where I will install my race block in my garage and do the head and all that myself. I got all my car-interest back, and its even stronger now.

Originally posted by jb talons
I'm still sore about the "Any Christians Here" thread getting locked.:rolleyes:

Just Kidding

:laugh: Same here, but that thread would still be alive today and still going no where if it were never closed.

The only problem I have is the occasional gruesome decapitation post, even though they get deleted right away. Posts like that are just extremely horrible and unnecessary.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back