The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Does anyone else notice some of the older members don't post much anymore?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just use the old "report this post" link...and we'll deal with it.

Originally posted by DMS-WhiteGSX
What about me? I used to be 1st in posting (aside from LarryD), things just changed here. Everyone turned most threads into a "knoob" or "newb" name calling fest, and it just lost its fun.

I dunno, maybe I just don't feel the same way others do... Its just not fun anymore.

Well said Phil. I still like to check in every now and then, but haven't posted in a while.

I was the 32nd person to register for this site, it's gotten way out of hand with the post a picture back and forth threads, and just mind numbingly stupid threads. I just browse, rarely post.

Originally posted by gofaster

red91tsiawd- give me my name back you bastard!! I'm mike chapman too :thumb:

hey now, we can both me mik chapman's!!!!! i'm 16 and i won't be up in green bay often so just don't come down here to springfield much and all will be cool :p . idk, it would be cool to shout my name off and have someone say "wut" so come to the dsm meet in june!

MiKe ChApMaN

User ID 55, joined 11-28-2001.
I stop by every now and then, but post just rarely. :cool:

I've been browsing dsmtalk since dec2001 when I got my 1.8l and this site when I was getting more interested in getting a turbo car(since aug of 2002 I belive)

I used to not post, but I started a lil bit before january. I mostly just browsed all of the forums and soaked up info.

I like to think I still post regularly, but the reason I don't post quite as much now is that I was out of work for most of last year and had a lot more free time. I still consider myself a noob and am still trying to learn more about my car, and I do try to answer basic questions as much as I can. Yeah, I lost it once when someone asked "How much boost can I run" one too many times, but besides that.....

To me, the board hasn't changed as much as some others think it has. Then again, I don't read the Hangout very much, so this forum might have changed more than the tech ones. The timing was just about right for me with this site, I think, because it was forming and growing right along with me, since I got my car about a year and a half ago, kinda around the time this site was getting up and running.

The biggest difference I've seen is that there ARE more people asking extremely basic questions that could be answered with just a few minutes of searching (and then getting all full of 'tude when you don't just serve up an answer on a silver platter). I know it's a bone of contention around here to say that, but when I first joined DSMtalk and DSMtuners, I searched my ass off and rarely posted. I spent lots of time at dsm.org, etc., and think that everyone should. OK, I'll stop now because I'm getting all preachy-- but you get the idea.

This is still a great site and I visit often-- with each passing day and each new member and new post, the archives grow larger and searches turn up more and more useful info. No, that's not a dig. :D

So, how about those Browns! What a defense! :cool:

Originally posted by Newlogics

I had that few month ago, and now i'm in my 'second stage' of DSM syndrop, where I will install my race block in my garage and do the head and all that myself. I got all my car-interest back, and its even stronger now.

i have hit that point to man, unlike you i have joined the dark side and am looking to sell the dsm and my 00ws6 for a 99 trans am/z28 with an auto and going with heads/cam, bottled, or blown :(

i'll be back someday maybe, i really know i will be if they build an evo site :D

I took a break for a while but am posting quite often again, its just that I'm into other car sites to and my interest towards DSM's dwindled to the point were I almost lost total interest for a while, but like many I have the bug and it's come back stong:) . My interest towards DSM's is now shared with VW:) VW's and DSM's forever:thumb: !!!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back