The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Does anyone else notice some of the older members don't post much anymore?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1gTalonAWD

20+ Year Contributor
Apr 9, 2003
KentuckyUS
when i say older, i mean pre-03 registered members. like cucumber, 98silvergs, larryd, misundaztood, pappy, blackboost,& so on. i wonder why. where did they go? becuase if you look over the archives, you'll notice these members posted much more last year, particularry cucumber, 98silvergs, misundaztood, issota91, & 25psi. why? are we, "the new breed", not as cool?:(
lets please not turn this into a flamewar.

because this site went down the shitter, its still a nice site just not like it was a year ago. But its apples to oranges.

800 members
compaired to
15,000 members

believe me , none of the old timers lost the bug, they lost the will to site around and BS in the hangout like mindless idiots all day.

I still post all the time.

2 of the people you named came from dsmtalk when tuners first started and they don't posdt much over here.

98silvergs,isotta91,and larry also post alot.

I don't know where you are getting your info from.

Johns a nOObie, always was always will be. :D

Originally posted by AW4G63
Johns a nOObie, always was always will be. :D

Totally.

I love being a n00b.:laugh: :thumb:

i hate to even use this.... but this is the feeling i get about the site lately

NOTE: i do not support that. its just what it feels like.

Edit: i took it down. it was in bad taste anyways, sorry.

Maybe they are just over posting in the hangout. I see cuc post a lot more in tech forums.

I think a lot of them are trying to help clean this place up. AW4G63 how can you say its going down the shitter? If its so bad then do us all a favor and leave. I rarely ever see you post anything useful.

Just my thoughts.

Originally posted by djpast
i hate to even use this.... but this is the feeling i get about the site lately

NOTE: i do not support that. its just what it feels like.

Why because people can't post useless crap anymore.

It pisses me off to see this.

You want to know how it came to be this way. You have noone to blame but yourselves.

If people would follow the simple rules it would not have to come to this.

People pushed and pushed and we can only take so much.

Thus why I have left aside from 3 nights if that a week. When which im drunk. I prefer to do stuff in real life as apossed to siting in the hangout. WHen I did it all day at work it was fun. But other then that I read the tech shit here, Nabr and talk.

I never did anything good, aside from my VFAQ on a timing belt, Water pump, Tcase. So STFU asshole Just because they never got posted here in front of your ricer ass face doesnt mean i didnt do it fock nut.

Noobie :rolleyes:

Im not saying the whole site went down the shitter, jsut the hangout.

The Nazi picute is just ghey as you are focking tool.

uh i never did anything wrong on this site. my sig always had something to do with my car, was one line, and no pic. i have no blame towards me. i just think that you guys are going nuts. not everything is useless crap. i have seen a couple posts where the person is looking for help and just because lando doesnt like it, he closes it. maybe just ease up a lil is all i am asking or suggesting. i am not trying to cause trouble. i am just expressing how me and many of my dsmtuner friends are feeling. we love this site. we dislike the way its going. so if we dont speak out, how are we helping the site?

AW4G63

You have been here for a while now. Your an adult. Try acting like one and set more of an example than bashing.

Im not trying to bash you i just think your being a hypocrit. You say the hangout is useless and going to shit but then you still post stuff like calling people idiots and noobs. Its not making sense to me the way you act.

Yes i know you have contributed quit a bit but you have also done quit a bit to hurt the hangout. Lets just try cleaning it up a bit.

Then do this.

Post a link to a thread that was closed recently that didn't have.

1.Flaming
2.Hiacking and off topic posts
3.Spamming

Why is it that only this crap happens in the hangout and not in tech forums.

People need to learn to behave themselves plain and simple.

(DJpast this is not directed at you personlly)

If you want to act like children you get treated like children
If you want to act like adults and follow simple rules you will be treated as such.

the point is, every post has a lil bit of each of those. thats what made dsmtuners different. it was family type atmosphere. everybody kinda messed with everybody and the posts were still fun to read. I mean, who didnt occasionally enjoy the photoshop battles between silver98_gs and cuc? or just the random things that ppl posted on a day to day basis.

I agree that we are mostly adults here and we need to act that way. but all work and no play makes jack (or dsmtuners) a dull boy. it seems to me we cant even joke around without having to worry about big brother looking over our shoulder.

and L2RTSiAWD, i never take anything that personally. it is the internet afterall =)

Originally posted by djpast
the point is, every post has a lil bit of each of those. thats what made dsmtuners different. it was family type atmosphere. everybody kinda messed with everybody and the posts were still fun to read. I mean, who didnt occasionally enjoy the photoshop battles between silver98_gs and cuc? or just the random things that ppl posted on a day to day basis.

I agree that we are mostly adults here and we need to act that way. but all work and no play makes jack (or dsmtuners) a dull boy. it seems to me we cant even joke around without having to worry about big brother looking over our shoulder.

and L2RTSiAWD, i never take anything that personally. it is the internet afterall =)

Key points in your post.

Occasionally-It's not the case the flaming is happeningn everyday and it's not in jest it's serious.

Joking Around-I love to joke around in the hangout but that's not what's happening. People are starting crap on purpose and talking crap on purpose not joking.

Originally posted by FourG63 97GST
anyone notice that alot of thread in the hangout have been getting closed lately, and this is will be another

The main reson for it is becasue we have a mod for the hangout only again who can stop the crap before it snowballs.

I think kris is doing an excellent job and if I could still access the site from work I would have locked those threads myself.

well i am glad this post has stayed open this long, because some good points are being brought up. not just being closed before we can find out why and discuss it. and i thank you for that john.

I think the locking of threads does nothing but clean up the nonsense that goes on.

L2R is doing a great job at helping keep this place a useful site rather than a highschool chat room

I don't mind leaving this thread open since I can monitor it and I value your opinions.

My point is that once people start following the rules you will see.

1. Less locked threads because they won't even be started.
2. We will lighten up once we see people can follow the rules and stop flaming.

Again this is the hangout only since none of these problem occur in the tech forums.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back