The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Does alternator belt trigger false temps

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mustracetsi

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 14, 2012
bergen county, New_Jersey
Hey fellow dsm ers. Short quick story and question. On the way home from a restuarant. My belt snap. Well it squeled then broke. Talking about the altanator belt. My question is, is the belt for the altanator and power steering one belt becuase when the belt went so did the power steering and last. Since the belt broke it lit my dash gauges almost all up and car temp was high. Those the belt broken has something to do with the cars temp gauge on the dash. Like to say in advance thank you for your time and efforts on helping me out

Hey fellow dsm ers. Short quick story and question. On the way home from a restuarant. My belt snap. Well it squeled then broke. Talking about the altanator belt. My question is, is the belt for the altanator and power steering one belt becuase when the belt went so did the power steering and last. Since the belt broke it lit my dash gauges almost all up and car temp was high. Those the belt broken has something to do with the cars temp gauge on the dash. Like to say in advance thank you for your time and efforts on helping me out

the alternator belt on a 4g63 also turns the water pump and from the water pump the powersteering.

Image:Dylan motor.JPG - wikiHow

did you let it overheat? your temp gauge reading was right, because you also lost your water pump...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back