The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Dodge stratus 420A Q

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

420a talon

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 4, 2011
Lebanon, Missouri
So i have my 95 eagle talon with a blown engine and trans. And with no eclipses or talons in sight in the salvage yards i was wondering could i possibly use the 420a's out of a stratus or neon RT? i haven't seen where the motor mounts go on them for the stratus but it is the same engine so would it work?

To the best of my knowledge, they will not work as a bolt in swap. I believe you will find the intake manifold is on the "front" of the neon and stratus engines.

The Dodge Stratus and Neon R/T run two different versions of the 2.0L. The one on the Stratus (I'm assuming you are talking about the 4-door car made from 1995 to 2000 since you are comparing it to a Neon) is a 2.0L SOHC engine. The Neon R/T (from 1995-1999) will be running the DOHC version of the 2.0L. After 2000, the Neon R/T got a SOHC 16V 2.0L "magnum" engine with an active intake. The Stratus went on to become a 2-door coupe with the 2.4L SOHC 16V Mitsu engine (completely different) or the 4-door with the 2.4L DOHC Chrysler engine.

Regardless it would not be a direct swap since the Chrysler engines run the exhaust on the firewall side. As mentioned in the link above, the basic blocks are the same on the 2.0L's; but there will be modifications required with the cylinder head.

The easiest route for you would be so see if the junk yard has any 1999-2000 Dodge Avengers or Chrysler Sebring COUPES (not the sedan!) as those got the same mitsu-styled 420A as the eclipse/talon.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back