The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

420A Dodge neon 2.4 block on 420a?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inkdlyfe

Proven Member
Feb 23, 2016
Summer feild, Florida
Has anyone swapped their block to a 2.4L dodge neon? I'm curious what I need to have done to do this on my 420a

Neons didn't come with 2.4Ls, unless you mean the SRT4. You can't put a 420A or 1G Neon head on an SRT4 block, there are differences. The SRT4 crank trigger is totally different, too.
If you mean 2.4L PT Cruiser engine, it's a common thing to swap the pre-01 PT Cruiser engine (non-NGC) into Neons using the stock PCM. The head is virtually identical between Neon & PT Cruiser, so I would assume the 420A would be similar. The pistons would have their reliefs in the opposite direction, which may be an issue. I'm sure this has been covered many times on this forum, though.

Has anyone swapped their block to a 2.4L dodge neon? I'm curious what I need to have done to do this on my 420a

Yes people have done it.

What YOU would need to swap your engine to a 2.4 is to take it to a shop, a mechanic there will do all your research and work for you.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back