The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

dodge..... avenger?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tstkl

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 10, 2005
SoCal, California
went on the dodge website today (www.dodge.com if your that stupid), to look up the price on a dodge challenger with a 392 hemi (which I didn't find, btw) and saw a link to the new dodge avenger. I said, what the hell, I'll click on that link, just to find out what engine it has. So I clicked on it, and the clicked on equip and build or whatever..... They have everything priced out as if you could buy the car today, EXCEPT at the end, after options, they have "future options". These are options that they are considering and this build and equip part of their site is being used as a survey to see which ones people want.

ONE OF THEM IS A 300 HP TURBOCHARGED INLINE FOUR WITH A MANUAL TRANSMISSION

now this might not be a big deal to some of you, but one thing I can't help but notice, is that there is another option at the beginning, which Im hoping every single one of you clicked. For a cool 2000 dollars, you have the option of adding five beautiful, beautiful things. One transfer case, one driveshaft, one rear end, and two axels. THATS RIGHT. Turbo awd is back. And priced out, my car costs 24,890 or something, plus 1150 (I think, somewhere around there) for the turbocharger option. Thats a little over 25k for a brand new turbo awd car.

In my honest opinion, these are the dsm's of the future. sure, they will have their crank walks and their transfer case seal failures, but what car doesn't? LOL

so who's with me? take the survey, ask for turbo awd, and when the car comes out, go on some SICK ass test drives in your..... prospective new car.... LOL. LOL

ROFL

Wondered when this would hit the forums. Still a concept for now.

Probably the same engine and drivetrain out of the caliber srt-4.

Basically bringing back the SRT4. It more than likely won't be AWD. Just 4cyl. turbo.

They had to make it a 4 door............................................. come on people WTF

Also i dont think they I4 turbo will be AWD. If you select the AWD it automatically swtichs it to the V6 R/T.

Under future options is has an inline 4 turbo 300hp with 6sp manual.

The new Avenger is ugly as sin. Just my opinion I guess. Looks just like the Charger and every other car in their line up. When will they realize that not everybody wants a car that looks like a Ram pickup. At least they're getting back to some decent engines and drivetrains.

The turbo awd will never happen though.

went on the dodge website today (www.dodge.com if your that stupid), to look up the price on a dodge challenger with a 392 hemi (which I didn't find,

Im planning on a Challenger myself and giving my DSM a fitting death: my sons first car!

(hes 10 right now so I have a couple of years left with her)

My quess is that the Challenger will be between 35 and 45 K.

LOL I can just see it now.....
In a couple of years people will be asking if they can swap the AWD drivetrain into a 2gNT.

It's like the "mini-me" version of the Charger.

Mine priced out at 26,110 but that thing looks horrible. If they change the look and it had a good AWD system then I would buy it. Just like with the caliber the AWD system can't handle the power so the high performance one is FWD only.:(

I doesn't say it will be a 4 cylinder....

And I agree, that car looks awful.:notgood:

Defiant said:
I can't wait until automobile manufacturers find out just how goddamned much we aren't impressed by effing Flash pages.

I agree.

Defiant said:
I can't wait until automobile manufacturers find out just how goddamned much we aren't impressed by effing Flash pages.

I think flash can be pretty cool but i agree with you because there is no functionality to websites like that.

GSTinCO said:
Mine priced out at 26,110 but that thing looks horrible. If they change the look and it had a good AWD system then I would buy it. Just like with the caliber the AWD system can't handle the power so the high performance one is FWD only.:(
its not that the awd drivetrain can't handle the power, its that mitsubishi doesn't want dodge using their engine/drivetrain set up until the evo x comes out. Those cars would hurt the sales of the evo IX so badly if they came out right now, and its a (partly) mitsubishi designed engine with a MHI turbo. If the avenger comes out after the new evo (my local dealer told me they were hearing 440 hp being thrown around, but I have no idea where they are getting that. I think its wrong) it is possible that the turbo awd combo will be back, because dodge's awd drivetrain will suck nuts compaired to mitsubishi's, and also the new evo will probably have more power. Until then, the evo won't be better in the eye of the stupid consumer, so the caliber stays fwd.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back