The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Do you guys blast tunes when you're at the strip?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jebus[tuning]

20+ Year Contributor
Apr 21, 2003
San Jose, California
I haven't personally been to the strip with my DSM, but for you strip goers, do you guys blast your music when you're doin' your runs? I want to when I hit the track later this year :).

No- In fact I always have the radio off.
The track usually plays tunes and I'm usually too busy, reading my time slip or talking to people or just relaxing by myself in the car, or watching the other cars run. :thumb:

I only turn on my radio at the track for one of two reasions. Some VERY loud car is next to me and leaves his car runing :rolleyes:

OR

I have to wait in the stageing lanes for 2+ ####ing hr's :mad:

Most tracks I've been to, make you shut your windows and turn your radio off, to hear any important announcements. Plus it's good to be able to listen to your engine, and the other guy next to you. Running on the track, even though it may only be an eight or quarter mile, puts a MAJOR strain on your car, and you may not notice a weird sound your motor or trans is making, if you have your radio on. Become one with the car, listen to it, become it, know it, feel it. IMO, that's the only way you'll excel (maybe I should say Accel) at racing on the track.

I only play mine when im moving up the staging lanes, the closer i get, the louder it goes, but the minute i move up to stage, off it goes, it just gets me wriled up i guess...

radio off at the track... blasting tunes with your windows down is a thing you do when youre just chillin somewhere. someone serious about racing will never be listening to music on the strip

I usually take it pretty serious at the strip. I'm always trying to get the best times, so when I'm staging, I have the radio off, windows up, etc., etc. I usually don't even try to get a good reaction time, I'm always trying to get my launch right. When I'm in the staging lanes however, I'll probably play some music (we sometimes wait forever, but I don't play it loud at all) sitting in the car with the windows down, driver door cracked, and the hood propped open letting the engine cool a bit.

I have it on quietly in the staging lanes. As I pull up to do a burnout ( or go around it ;) ) I turn it off completely. I like to concentrate only on my car and hear my engine.

Yeah, I keep the radio off, it gets me in the zone better. At the track I usually go to they have the PA rebroadcast on some AM station so I'll listen to that ocasionally but anyone who goes to the track to listen to music is not a serious racer in my opinion.

you will be considered a "riceboy" if you feel the need to blast Lil Jon while youre staging. especially if afterwards, you say the bass gets you in the zone.

i listen to some sort of rock while im waiting. as soon as the track comes to view, its focus time.

radio off. as soon as i am getting close to the burnout box, i am in my zone. making sure the logger is on, the nitrous is on, my helmet and 5 point are secure...

i need to hear the track underneath me when i race and the noises my car makes

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back